Chapter forty-two

Chapter forty-two
A

I walk through the woods alone with my thoughts

I walk through the woods alone with my thoughts. After what happened with Bellamy and Pike, I left. I couldn't stand being there.

I had been walking through the woods all night and all morning. I should probably head back before my dad starts to worry.

As I'm walking back I decide to take a detour by the grounder camp that was set up near Arkadia. As I walk over the hill I stop in shock.

No. No, please no. I run up to the camp and fully see the sea of dead grounders. I cover my mouth with my hand as I step over the bodies.

I walk up to the nearest yurt, looking to see if anyone was alive.

"Sawyer." I hear my name as I turn and see Indra laying on the ground wounded. I fall to my knees beside her.

"Indra, are you okay?" I ask urgently as she looks up at me.

"Charles Pike did this." She tells me as my heart falls into my stomach.

"He must have won the election." I say as I shake my head. "I've been gone since last night. How did you survive?"

"Bellamy convinced him to spare me so I could deliver a message." She tells me.

"Hey! Get back!" I turn my head and see two men holding the knifes out to me. I immediately stand up and raise my hands to show I am no threat.

"It's okay, she didn't do this." Indra tells them.

"Sawyer?" I look to my left as I see Clarke walk up the hill, Lexa by her side.

"Clarke." I say as I run to her and engulf her in my arms. "Thank God you're okay."

We pull back from each other as she looks at me.

"What happened?" She asks, gesturing to the slaughtered grounders.

"Last night Pike tried to lead a team of people to kill everyone here, me and Lincoln managed to stop them but..." I trail off, finding it hard to say what I was about to. "Bellamy's a part of this."

"Bellamy?" She asks, a shocked expression etched on her face.

"He convinced them to let Indra live so she could deliver a message." I explain.

"What message?" Lexa asks as I turn to see her aiding Indra.

"Skaikru rejects the coalition, this is their land now. We can leave or we can die." Indra tells us as I look to Clarke who wore the same worried expression as me.

-

"And Bellamy won't listen to you?" Clarke asks as I shake my head.

"Whatever bullshit Pike's fed him, he's believing it." I tell her.