Chapter thirty

Chapter thirty
A

I climb up the drop ship ladder first and I hear the sounds of Octavia crying

When I get to my feet I see her crouched over Lincoln. I then look to Abby as Clarke stands by my side.

Abby shakes her head slightly, telling us that it didn't work.

The commander and the few other grounders climb up too as it goes silent apart from Octavia's cries.

I look to the commander and I see her look back to the grounder who kept interrupting us before. She nods once as the grounders pull their weapons out,  Bellamy picks up his gun and Abby holds the electrocution stick out in front of her.

"I'll kill them all." The grounder warns.

"Please, you don't have to do this." Clarke pleads.

"You lied and you're out of time." The commander tells us and I shake my head.

Abby suddenly turns to Lincoln and puts the electrocution stick firmly on his chest.

"Again." I say as she does so.

Lincoln breaths in as I gasp.

"Lincoln." Octavia whispers.

"Octavia." He whispers back as I smile slightly.

"It worked." I say as I look back to the commander.

Once the commander sees Lincoln is no longer a reaper, we all make our way back to the Ark to discuss a truce.

"I'm gonna stay here, I think Lincoln can use all the help he can get." I say to Clarke as she begins to walk towards the grounders camp.

"Are you sure?" She asks as I nod.

"Yeah, after I talk to the commander." I say as I see her waiting for myself and Clarke to follow her back to her camp.

"Commander." I say as I walk towards her, the grounders beside her are hesitant but she puts her hands out to them.

"It's okay." She tells them as they stand back. "Lexa." She says, telling me her name.

"Lexa," I correct myself. "My father left here before I found this place, he went to find peace with you and your people." I begin as Lexa nods.

"You're the daughter of Marcus?" She asks, making me nod in response.

"He's an honourable man, your father. True to his word." She comments as I smile a little.