Chapter nine

Chapter nine
A

"So, what do we do? We can't let them kill her

"So, what do we do? We can't let them kill her." I tell the three people who stood in front of me as I put my arm around Charlotte's shoulders.

"Well I'd like to hear what you think we should do." Bellamy tells me as he crosses his arms over his chest.

"Okay, I get it Bellamy." I say as I roll my eyes. "It's my fault." I say quietly.

"You wanna build a society, princess? Let's build a society! Bring the girl out!" Murphy's voice calls from outside of the tent we all stood in.

Currently, a huge crowd was waiting outside to see what Charlotte's fate would be. It was obvious which way Murphy was voting.

"Why Charlotte?" Bellamy asks, looking down at her.

"I was just trying to slay my demons like you told me." She tells him as I sigh and run a hand through my hair.

"What is she talking about?" Clarke asks as I shake my head.

"He didn't mean it like that, Charlotte." I say as she looks down.

"She misunderstood me." Bellamy tells Clarke and Finn.

"Bring the girl out now!" Murphy's voice gets louder.

"Please don't let them hurt me!" Charlotte pleads as I crouch down to her height and put my hands on her shoulders.

"We won't, I won't." I say as she nods and I look back to the others.

"If any of you have any bright ideas, speak up." Bellamy says as he looks to all three of us, I stand up straight again.

"Now all of you stay quiet?" He asks, his tone hard and worried.

"Those are your boys out there." Finn tells him.

"This is not my fault! If she had listened to me, those idiots would still be building the wall!" Bellamy motions his hand towards me and I couldn't argue with that, he was right.

"Please, Bellamy." Charlotte cries as Bellamy now crouches to her height like I did before.

"Hey, it's gonna be okay." He whispers to her as I sigh.

"I'm going out there." I say but I feel Charlotte grab my hand.

"No, don't." She says as she looks up to me with teary eyes.

"It's okay, Charlotte, just stay with them." I say, looking to the other three. She nods and releases my hand as I exit the tent to be met with the huge crowd and Murphy.

"Where's the girl?" He asks.

"You're not getting her." I state as he chuckles.