Chapter twenty-three

A

"Keep your eyes open and your guns up!" I say as we walk through the trees

"Hey," I feel my arm being grabbed gently as I look back and see Bellamy.

We stop walking as he looks at me, waiting for everyone else to pass us.

"You really think this is what we should be doing?" He asks, he desperately wanted someone to be on his side.

I sigh as I look to the ground briefly before looking back up to him.

"My father always told me when I was little girl, fight for what's yours." I say as Bellamy listens intently. "But this isn't about fighting someone over taking your toy, this is life and death, you're asking them to risk their lives, Bellamy. You can't ask that, I can't, Finn can't and neither can Clarke and she's know that."

Bellamy stares at me for a moment before chuckling as I furrow my eyebrows at what he's laughing at.

"What?" I ask curious, a slight smile on my face too.

"If we survive this-"

"Why are we stopping?" I hear from the crowd as me and Bellamy look over.

We walk towards them but only to stop as I see an axe fly towards us, landing in the face of one of our own as he falls dead.

"GROUNDERS!" Jasper shouts as everyone starts to shout and runs back to the camp.

Myself and Bellamy lead the way and once we arrive we stand at each side of the gate guiding everyone back in.

Once they are, Bellamy shuts the gate behind us and everyone turns to face us.

"What do we do now?"

"Do we fight them?"

"How do we get out of this?"

Many peoples voices and many questions could be heard from the crowd.

I look over to Bellamy who looked at Clarke from an answer.

"Looking at you, princess." Bellamy says and I notice Clarke begin to panic. She couldn't tell them that the only option they had was to fight.

"Okay, listen up." I shout as I climb on top of the platform that let us see over the wall and also made me higher up than everyone else.