Chapter seventeen

Chapter seventeen
A

I looked Murphy over, he was cut almost everywhere and he was shaking

"Everyone but Connor and Derek out." Bellamy orders as everyone else apart from myself, Clarke and Finn exit.

"Weren't we clear about what would happen if you came back?" I growl but he doesn't say anything.

"He was with the grounders." Derek tells us.

"Did you see any grounders?" Bellamy asks but Derek and Connor shake their heads.

"Well, in that case." Bellamy says as he raises his rifle to Murphy but Finn stands in front of him.

"No! He was with the grounders, he could have information to help us." Finn states and I see his point but I couldn't stand Murphy.

"We were pretty damn clear about what would happen if he came back." I say as Finn turns to me.

"No, Finn's right." Clarke says as she walks over to Murphy.

"Like hell he is!" Bellamy yells as Clarke crouches down beside Murphy.

"Think about what he did to Charlotte!" I say as Clarke looks at me.

"I am thinking about her, Sawy." She tells me before looking back to Murphy. "But that was as much our fault as it was his."

I sigh in frustration and run a hand through my hair.

"He's not lying, his finger nails are torn off, they tortured him." Clarke tells us, examining his fingers.

"You and the grounders should compare notes." Finn says, taking a dig at Bellamy.

"The grounders know we're at war! What did you tell them?" He asks Murphy.

"Everything." Murphy states as my mouth falls open slightly and I look between Finn and Bellamy.

Clarke rises to her feet and walks over to us.

"Once he's better, we find out what he knows and he's out of here." She tells us as I sigh but nod.

"Fine." I say as Bellamy nods too.

"What if he refuses to leave? What do we do with him then?" Bellamy asks looking to Clarke.

"Then we kill him." I say before Clarke can answer. I stare Murphy for a few seconds before walking out of the drop ship and over to my tent to rest.

•••

"Hey Jasp." I say as we walk past each other but I notice him angry over something.

"Hey, what's up?" I ask as I grab his arm before he could walk past me. He shakes his head before sighing and looking at me.