Chapter thirty-two

Chapter thirty-two
A

We all stand behind the fence in camp as we watch over the grounder camp, none of us knew what to do to try and save Finn now and frankly, there was nothing we could do

I see Clarke walk away from the fence as I follow her, along with Bellamy and Raven.

"Clarke, what are you doing?" I ask as I walk beside her.

"I'm going to talk to the commander." She informs us.

"And say what?" Bellamy asks from the other side of her.

"I don't know." She says, her voice becoming agitated as we stop at the gate.

"Give me your hand." Raven requests as Clarke turns to her.

Raven takes her hand and slides a small knife up Clarke's sleeve. "If she won't let him go, kill her."

I look at Raven and then to Clarke, but I knew Clarke wouldn't kill her because that would mean death for all of our people.

"Things will go crazy, we'll grab you and Finn." Raven says as I look to Bellamy, who looked almost as concerned as me. "Clarke, you have to help me, I owe Finn my life."

Clarke nods before exiting the gate and right now, all we could do was wait.

We move back up to the fence as I see her walk through the grounders.

She comes to a stop as the same dark skinned grounder holds a spear to her stomach.

"Let her pass." I hear the commander call very faintly as she was really far from our camp and at that, Clarke walks over to the commander but I was unable to hear what was being said.

I hear chants as I look away from Clarke and see Finn being led by grounders. They tie him up to a thin tree and tie his hands behind him.

My breathing hitches in my throat, "Come on, Clarke." I whisper to myself and I notice Bellamy look at me from the corner of my eye but I don't look back, I keep my eyes focused in front of me.

I see Clarke walk away from the commander and over to Finn.

"What is she doing?" Raven breathes and my eyebrows furrow in confusion.

She runs to him and kisses him before exchanging a few words that I could not hear.

They hug and stay like that for a few minutes before I suddenly see Finn's head fall and my mouth falls slightly agape.

She killed him.

Clarke steps back and I can just barely make out the stab wound on his stomach.

I feel the tears begin to rise in my eyes as I cover my mouth with my hand.

When Clarke turns back to the grounders, they begin to rush at Clarke but the commander stops them.