Chapter fifty

Chapter fifty
A

Chapter fifty A

Praimfaya. That's what we were up against. A deathwave caused by failing nuclear power plants around the world. How are we supposed to beat something like this? In six months? I don't even know if it's possible to beat to a deathwave, but it didn't mean that we wouldn't at least try.

The sound of people crying in pain and despair fill my ears as I look out over Polis. Puddles of blood and many bodies lay lifeless of the gray asphalt causing my heart to fall heavily in my chest.

"Thank you. Both of you." I look at Clarke, who stood on my left side as she took a step forward to look at myself and Bellamy. "For protecting me."

"You're my sister, Clarke." I tell her, placing a hand on her shoulder as she sends me a small smile. "Besides," I say as I let my hand fall to my side again. "Sometimes I wonder what the hell we would do without you."

I follow Clarke's eyes as she looked over all of the distraught people and I notice the worried expression etched across her face.

"How do we tell these people that the worlds ending after everything they've just been through?" Clarke asks, looking between me and Bellamy. I don't look at either of them because honestly, I don't know.

"We don't. Not until we know A.L.I.E was telling you the truth." Bellamy orders as I look up at him.

"You think she could be lying?" I ask, causing Bellamy to nod.

"It was the truth." Clarke tells him sternly as Bellamy nods.

"Still. We keep it to ourselves until we know what we're dealing with and we know how to stop it." Bellamy states as I shake my head.

"I don't think we'll have that option." I say quietly as I feel Bellamy and Clarke's eyes on me. "But I agree. We try and figure this out between us."

"You're afraid of how people will react?" Clarke asks in more a statement, looking between me and Bellamy.

"Yes." Bellamy states. "Besides, I could use a break from keeping you alive." I look up at Bellamy as a small smile crosses my lips, mirroring his own.

"I got to say, I have to agree." I tell Clarke as she smiles a little. "We just dealt with one problem, we need to let people recover from that and not add more to their pain by telling them they're going to die in six months." Clarke and Bellamy nod in agreement with me as my eyes fall back over Polis.

"Once everyone's down, we go home, we get to work." I look back at Bellamy who's eyes glanced between mine and Clarke's. "We didn't survive this long to let a little radiation take us out."

"I'm gonna go check on my dad, see if they're almost down." I inform them as they nod. I reach up and place a small kiss on Bellamy's cheek as I feel him take my hand and squeeze it lightly. I leave both of them as I walk back into the stone building. As I turn a corner I see my father climbing down onto the floor with Abby not far behind him.