Chapter forty

Chapter forty
A

I notice the Ice Nation army making their way towards me just as I make it into the woods

I notice the Ice Nation army making their way towards me just as I make it into the woods. I could see Clarke not too far away from me but I knew to keep my distance for now.

I stay hidden behind a tree as I see Clarke and her capturer going down some steps underground. I bide my time as I wait for there to be no sound coming from where Clarke was and as the Ice Nation war drums got further away, I knew I had to make my move.

I put the strap of the gun around my shoulder and take out my knife instead as I slowly walk down the steps. I see hands tied behind a pillar and the blond hair falling from the sides. I look around but I don't see anyone else.

I run in and stand in front of Clarke as she looks up at me with wide eyes. I kneel down as she struggles to speak because of the gag around her mouth.

I place my knife on the ground and remove her gag.

"Sawyer, you need to leave, now." She whispers in a harsh tone as I shake my head.

"Not without you." I tell her as I grab my knife again and begin to untie her.

I'm suddenly kicked in the ribs as I fly to the side, trying to catch my breath.

I feel a foot being placed on my chest and I knife being placed at my throat.

"No! Please! Don't hurt her! I'll do anything! I'll stop fighting, just please don't kill her!" I hear Clarke plead as I open my eyes to see her capturer looking at her.

I take this as my chance and kick his legs out from underneath him as I scramble to get to my feet. I grab my knife that had fallen on the floor as Clarke's capturer stands to his feet and looks at me.

"Wanheda And Skaiheda." He says looking between us.

He then tries to swing for me with his sword but I duck and circle around him.

I run towards him and trip him so that he is on the ground as I place my knife to his throat.

"Don't make me kill you, I don't want to." I tell him as he smirks.

"Looks like we have that in common." He retorts as I suddenly feel a sharp pain in my leg as I scream and fall off him.

"Don't follow us." I hear him say before he kicks my face and I fall unconscious.

-

When I wake again, I still lay in the same place. I sit up but hiss at the pain in my leg.