Chapter eight

Chapter eight
A

"You need to be smart about this

"You need to be smart about this." Bellamy tells me as he takes my arm to stop me from walking out of the tent.

"Move, Bella." I tell him as I look up to him from his position in front of me.

"Sawyer." He warns with a hard tone.

"The people have a right to know! We can't live with a murderer!" I exclaim as he sighs and puts both hands on his hips.

"Wait, who did it?" Clarke asks as I take a glance at her before looking back to Bellamy.

"I have to." I tell him as he shakes his head. "Murphy. I made that knife, he asked me for it." I tell them as I see the rage take over Clarke.

She storms out of the tent as the rest follow but not before Bellamy turns back to me.

"See what you did?" He asks rhetorically as my mouth falls open.

"What I did?!" I ask as I follow him out.

"You son of a bitch!" I hear Clarke in the distance as I jog up to see her face to face with Murphy.

"Woah, what's your problem?" Murphy asks as Clarke holds up his knife.

"Recognise this?" She asks as he goes to reach for it.

"Yeah, my knife, where'd you find it?" Clarke slaps his hand away as I look to Octavia who's face only held concern for what was about to unfold.

"It was found where you left it after you killed Wells." I say as Murphy looks to me, the whole camp had gathered around by now.

"The grounders killed Wells not me." He tells me as I shake my head.

"You can't get out of this one, Murphy." I say as he shakes his head.

"I know what you did and you're gonna pay for it." Clarke tells him as he scoffs.

"Bellamy, you really believe this crap?" Murphy asks, looking over Clarke's shoulder to Bellamy who stood on my left.

Bellamy stood there, silent for a moment with his arms crossed over his chest.

"You threatened to kill him, we all saw that! You hated Wells." Clarke yells.

"Plenty of people hated Wells, his father was the chancellor who locked us all up." Murphy retorts but Clarke is quick to reply,

"Yeah but you were the only one who got in a knife fight with him!"

"And I didn't kill him then either."

"He tried to kill Jasper too." Octavia tells us as I look to her.

"What?" Jasper asks appearing behind us.

"When?" I ask as she looks to me.

"When you guys where trapped outside of camp because of the acid fog." She explains as I turn to Murphy.