Chapter 19: Rachel

More events have happened in the last week then have happened in the year. Two kids have died, a detective was put on her deathbed, and Ella has had more involvement with the police than the average criminal. After not having anything bad happen in over a week, Ella believes that everything will be alright from now on.
    But what she doesn't know is that things aren't fine. Lucas and Carter are gone and the kids believe it was her fault.
Mason still won't talk to her and Mr. Trevor has her under surveillance. Rachel is the only person Ella can trust right now. Afterall, Rachel is there for her from now on...
    It was a sunny morning down at the orphanage. Ella and Rachel just woke up.
    "Good morning Ella! Rachel stated.
    "Good morning Rachel!" Ella replied.
    "So what do you want to do today?"
    "I don't care. Do you want to go get some breakfast?"
    "Sure!" Rachel concluded. The duo got up and went to the cafeteria.
    Once they arrived, there were younger kids everywhere. As soon as they noticed Ella, they all ran.
    "Why did they run?" Rachel asked.
    "They all have been doing that lately. They think I put Carter in the hospital. Which led to me interrogating his brother to kill himself." Ella stated sadly, putting her head down.
    "Why would they think that? You would never hurt anyone." Rachel stated, feeling enraged.
    "I think it was Mason's fault for starting the rumor." Ella replied.
    "Oh the next time I see that kid..." Rachel began to stated bt wa cut off b y Ella.
    "Come on! Let's get some food! I'm starving!" Ella whined, letting out a small laugh.
    They approached the line where they got their food. Once they got to the front, the cafeteria worker stuck up a conversation.
    "Why good morning girls!" Mrs. R stated.
    "Good morning!" They replied in unison.
    "So what's on the agenda for today?" She asked.
    "Not much." Ella replied.
    "We were probably just going to relax today." Rachel responded.
    "Well if you girls aren't doing anything, I could use some help." Mrs. R told them.
    "With what?" They asked.
    "Cleaning up this dump." She stated, pointing back at the kitchen.
    "We would love to help you!" Ella stated.
    "Uh, Ella? It's cleaning. You know I don't like to do that." Rachel complained.
    "Rachel. She provides us with three meals a day. The least we could do is help her clean the kitchen."
    "Okay. Fine. What time do you want us to start?" Rachel asked.
    "Is a hour from now okay?" She asked as she placed some food onto a tray.
    "That perfect!" Ella smiled.
    "See. I just don't get how these kids would say such mean things about you." Mrs. R uttered.
    "You heard too." Ella stated.
    "It's what all the kids talk about now." She stated. "Saying things that you're the reason those boys are gone. Such nonsense!" Mrs. R stated as she put her hands on her hips.
    "I agree." Rachel uttered.
    "Well I will see you girls in an hour. Bye!" Mrs. R concluded.
    "Bye!" Ella and Rachel responded in unison. They grabbed their trays and headed to the table.
    "Great. Now we have to..." Rachel paused for emphasis. "Clean."
    "Oh quit whining!" Ella laughs.
    "But I didn't want to clean! For once I get to relax but instead I have to spend my day cleaning."
    "You're Rachel! You always are relaxing."
    "True." Rachel concluded. Then the two finished their meals, went back to their room to change, and showed up to the kitchen an hour later.
    "Mrs. R? We are here!" Ella announced as she opened the door to the kitchen.
    "Hey kids!" She greeted.
    "Hi, Mrs. R!" They replied.
    "So...what do you want us to do?" Ella asked.
    "Only the easy stuff. It shouldn't take more than an hour or two."
    "Okay!" They responded in unison.
    "First, I need you girls to unload and load the three dishwashers." Mrs. R instructed as she pointed to the dishwashers.
    "Got it! You unload while I load." Ella told Rachel. In less than ten minutes, they were done.
    "What should we do next?" Rachel asked.
    "Could you girls help me wash the floors? I know that sounds like a lot and if you don't want to do it I compl..." She began to ask but was cut of by Ella.
    "Of course we will help!" Ella exclaimed.
    "Ella?" Rachel asked.
    "Yeah?"
    "I think that's too much."
    "Oh come on 'Captain Lazy'." Ella stated. "I will go get the mop and you get the water."
    "Ugh...Fine." Rachel whined.
    "Thank you!" Ella concluded as she went to get the mop.
    I few minutes later, the girls we back at work, while Mrs. R cleaned the stoves.
"I appreciate the help very much, girls!" Mrs. R thanked.
"You're welcome!" Ella smiled.
An hour had past, and they have made the kitchen spotless.
"Thank you girls so much for the help!" She announced.
"You're welcome!" They both replied.
"How about this...to make it up to you guys, you can pick what we are going to have for dinner."
"Sweet!" Rachel exclaimed.
"So, what will it be?" Mrs. R asked has she held a tiny notepad and a pen.
The two girls looked at each other and then back at Mrs. R.
"Chicken nuggets!" The duo exclaimed.
"Okay!" She laughed. "Chicken nuggets it is! Thank you again!" Mrs. R concluded as she waved goodbye.
"Bye!" Ella and Rachel concluded as they walked out of the kitchen, and headed back to their room. Once they got back to their room, Ella spoke to Rachel.
"I'm going to go take a shower."
"Okay. I am going to to go to sleep.
"But it's not even noon yet."
"It's bedtime somewhere." Rachel concluded as she plopped down on her bed.
"Okay!" Ella laughed as she grabbed fresh clothes and went to take a shower.
While Ella was in the shower, someone came back to their room.
    "Perfect. Ella isn't here." Owen stated as he walked into the room. Rachel was sound asleep in her bed.
"There is just one thing left to do..." Owen stated in a malicious tone.
While on her way back to her room. Ella heard a girl screamed. It was coming from her room. She picked up the pace and when she arrived at her room, she saw Rachel, standing in the middle of their room, facing away from her.
"Rachel? Are you okay? I heard a scream. Aren't you supposed to be asleep?" Ella questioned.
"Oh...sorry. I guess I just had a..." Rachel paused. "Nightmare!" She concluded, turning around to face Ella.
Then Ella realized, it wasn't Rachel. It was Owen...in Rachel's body.