Chapter 20: Run

"Owen?" Ella asked.
"Don't you catch on fast?" He replied.
"What are doing to Rachel?" Ella asked with the fear in her skyrocketing. But wait...why should she be scared? She can trust Owen. It's not like he's the bad guy.
"Nothing bad. She wasn't using it so..." Owen stated.
"She was sleeping!" Ella announced.
"And she still is. She just doesn't know I am here." Owen said aloud. "...everything is going just as planned..."He thought to himself.
"Owen. I don't want to sound rude, but can you please le..." Ella began to say but was cut off.
"Cool! What's this?" Owen stated as he ran over to a glass jar.
"No! Owen! Be careful!" Ella exclaimed as she ran over to him. But she didn't make it in time. Owen had picked up the jar and dropped it on Rachel's foot. It shattered into a million little shards with a few big pieces here and there. Owen just looked down at the bruised foot and laughed.
"Owen! What's wrong with you?" Ella yelled.
"Absolutely nothing! I am just having a little fun!"
"I need you to leave Rachel's body now!" Ella demanded.
"How about...no." Owen stated. He tried to run but Ella got to him before he could.
"I said now!" She announced as she pushed him back, hard. Owen stumbled in Rachel's body and hit her head on the corner of her bed.
Owen looked up at Ella, putting his hand where there was a small gash on Rachel's head.
"Now I can't feel certain pains, but that one hurt." Owen stated as he stood back up. "Why did you do that, Ella? I was just having fun!"
"Your definition of fun is not safe for people!" Ella exclaimed.
Owen began to walk towards her. For defense, she picked up one of the shards of glass on the floor.
"Owen I need you to leave Rachel's body at once!" Ella commanded.
"No!" Owen yelled back. Out of fear, he backed up a Ella got closer, pointing the glass shard at him. He stumbled, and fell. Then he sat up, having Rachel's back against the side of the bed.
"Last chance!" Ella shouted as she put her arm up behind her, getting ready to strike Owen with the glass. But what she didn't know is when Rachel's body fell, Owen had left her body. It was Rachel she was about to hit, not Owen.
"Ella?..." Rachel began to say but was cut off by Ella.
"I warned you!" Ella yelled has she struck Rachel. Rachel blocked it with her arms, but Ella made a gash in Rachel's arm.
"Now leave!" Ella demanded. But Rachel just sat there, with tears in her eyes, in shock at Ella's actions.
"Ella...why?" Rachel cried. Then Ella realized it wasn't Owen. Rachel just witnessed the whole thing.
"Oh my gosh! Rachel! I'm so sorry!" Ella stated, reaching out a hand to comfort her friend, but Rachel rejected.
"Get away from me!" She screamed.
"Rachel! I am really sorry! I thought Owen was possessing you and..."
"Enough with this Owen nonsense!"
Ella paused. "What?"
"This 'Owen' act has gone too far!"
"It's not an act..." Ella began to protest but was cut off.
"I was trying to be nice and supportive, hoping that this will all blow over one day, but look where we are now!" Rachel blurted out.
"Rachel! I was trying to save you from him!" Ella replied.
"Oh! So now he's a treat! The only threat I see around here is you!" Rachel shouted at Ella. Those words hurt Ella, they stung like salt in a wound. Tears began to form in Ella's eyes.
"I was just..." Ella began to say softly but was cut off by Rachel.
"Just what?"
No response.
"Exactly! Ella, if you're like this, you need help!"
"But I don't need help!"
"Says the girl who just stabbed me! This is insane! You have got to stop!"
"But Owen is real!" Ella proteste.
"Ella! You're crazy!" Rachel shouted at her.
"No! I am not!" Ella stated with her anger rising.
"Yes, you are!" Rachel yelled.
"No! I am...not!" Ella protested again, but this time, with her anger being released, she stuck Rachel again, making the gash on Rachel's arm worse.
It took Ella a few seconds for her to realize what she just did. "Rachel! I didn't mean to do that!" Ella began to say.
"Like how you meant to do it the first time. Just go away!" Rachel stated as she began to stand up.
"No! Rachel! Please stay! I scared!"
"No!"
"Please! Owen isn't what he seems!"
"And how am I supposed to help you? I can't even see him! You're crazy!"
Ella paused for a moment before she spoke again. Rachel was just about to walk out of the room. "But you said you were going to be there for me from now on?"
After Ella said this, rachel froze in the doorway. She looked back at Ella. "Not anymore!" she concluded and walked out of the room.
Ella's heart shattered. She had no one now. She threw the glass shard, which was now covered in blood, back into the pile of broken glass. She wiped away her tears, even though they kept on streaming down her cheek. Ella left the room and ran, with tears rolling down her face.