Chapter 23: New Beginning

Ella picked up her necklace and put it around her neck.
    "It's finally over." She stated. Ella began to run back to her room to tell Rachel what just happened, but then she froze. Ella remembered how things left off. She began to grow sad again. Then, she decided to shake it off and find her friend.
    "Rachel!" She began calling down the hallway. "Rache!"
    "I am in here!" Rachel stated. It was coming from Mr. Trevor's office. Mason was in there as well. Rachel had bandages wrapped all up her arm and on her foot.
    "Hey..." Ella stated in the doorway of the room.
    "Hey..." Rachel replied.
    "Hey Ella! Rachel took one nasty fall on some broken glass." Mr. Trevor.
    "What?" Ella puzzled.
    "Well when Rachel was straightening up her room, she dropped a glass jar on her foot, and when she went to go get something to clean it up, she tripped and fell into the pile."
    Ella looked at Rachel. "You didn't tell them the truth?"
    "That's what I asked her, but before she could say anything, Mason came in here all hysterical." Mr. Trevor stated. "I told him to sit down while I get Rachel some bandages. After I finished, you showed up."
    "Mason, what were you going to say?" Ella asked him.
    "Rachel's whole story is a lie! I saw what happened!"
    "Wait you were spying on me?" Rachel stated getting all defensive.
    "No! I went to talk to you guys and then I saw something I wish I hadn't. Rachel was sleeping and then all of a sudden, she jolts up. Then she walks in a really weird way, and she begins to talk, but it wasn't her voice. It sounded like a boy's voice. That's when I thought of something. What if Owen was real? Then I noticed Ella coming back from the bathroom, so i hid, but only for a moment. After Ella was in the room, I came out of hiding and continued to watch to see what was going on. Then, Ella started saying Owen's name instead of Rachel. It all made sense, the weird walking, the voice, Rachel was possessed by Owen, and the reason why Rachel looks like that is because of Owen. Ella was trying to protect you Rachel! Do you honestly think she would cause that on purpose?" He concluded.
    "I am sorry, Ella. I didn't believe you when you were trying to protect me." Rachel uttered.
    "I am sorry too, Ella." Mason announced.
    "I think we all owe Ella an apology." Mr. Trevor stated.
    "Guys! It's okay! You really didn't know whether or not he existed. It's not your fault."
    Then Mason filled with fear at a sudden realization. "Wait...where is he now?" He asked.
    "Don't worry! I got rid of him. He won't bother us again." Ella replied.
    "Thank goodness!" Mason said with relief.
    "Well we all had a long, hard day. Why don't we go to bed?"
    "You don't have to ask me twice!" Rachel stated. We all laughed at her response.
    "Good night!" Mason stated as he left and went his room.
    "Night!" The girls stated in unison as they walked back to their room.
    There room was all nice and clean. It looked as if Owen was never there. Rachel went to her bed and Ella went to her bed.
    "Good night!"
    "Good night!"
    The next morning, Ella woke up to go take a shower. When she got back, Rachel was awake.
    "Hey, do you want to go get some breakfast?" Ella asked Rachel.
    "Nah. I'm good. You can go get some."
    "Okay!" Ella stated as she walked out of the room and down to the cafeteria. All the rumors must have cleared up about owe because everyone was so nice to her. When she grabbed herself an apple for breakfast, she went outside to eat it. Then she noticed something. Where her favorite tree was, grew a small sapling. She sat down by the little tree. "It's cool how you get a new beginning." She paused for a moment. "I wonder when I will get mine?" She asked herself. She sat outside for a few moments to look around at the world. Once she was done, she threw away the apple core and walked back inside.
    On her way back to her room, Ella froze. She noticed someone at the end of the hallway. Tears began to form in both of their eyes. It had to be her...
    "Mom?" Ella asked.
    The woman at the end of the hall heard her and nodded. Then the two ran into each other's arms.
    "My little Ella!" Her mother cried as she hugged her.
    "Hi, Mommy!" Ella cried too, not planning on letting her go again.
    "Let's go home."