Nightmare

Slowly Fukase could feel his body feeling lighter. The soft morning sun rays shining only weakly through the curtains were slowly replacing the heavy night atmosphere. Birds started to sing their melody to wake up the still sleeping creatures.

In such atmosphere Fukase opened his eyes and didn't make a move. Somehow he felt strange. He felt empty.

The ginger tried to reminisce about what he had dreamt just now. There were only incoherent shreds he eventually connected and suddenly he remembered everything again. The empty feeling got replaced by uncomfortable tension inside of him. Fukase was not the one to believe in dreams, may they be as realistic as his, but nevertheless an uneasy feeling came up as he thought about it once more.

He was in a strange location he had never seen before. All he did was trying to find Oliver in one of those decomposed buildings. He was all alone, and as he finally got to hear the other one's voice he was surprised to see him with somebody else - for his liking too intimate.

Fukase turned to his left to find the blonde still sleeping. Even in sleep his calm face looked angelic. Fukase stroke some hair strands from the other's face and took a long look at the soft facial features. A smile would have crept on his face, but this time it didn't. This strange feeling found his way into his head to make him feel bad. Fukase sighed and decided to cool down a little by splashing water to his face.

He knew it was a dream and he didn't believe that anything like the happening in there was true; he usually could feel things being off. And still, the scenes he had seen there stuck to his mind. Of course, he wouldn't tell Oliver about it as it was really irrelevant and would only cause trouble, but somehow he had to endure the day with those thoughts swirling in his head.

He sat down on the edge of the bathtub and sighed irritated. He actually had planned to spend the day he was off with Oliver, but now it wouldn't be the same anymore.

'Pull yourself together,' Fukase scolded himself and startled as he suddenly felt someone hugging him from behind. It was Oliver who sat down on the bath carpet next to Fukase, his drowsy mind wandering around.

"What are you doing up that early, Fukase?"

"I couldn't sleep anymore," The redhead murmured cagey, for which Oliver bent his head. "Did you have a nightmare?"

Fukase nodded weak but played it off as nothing special as he was about to get up and start the day somehow. Oliver followed him closely in silent, he felt something was wrong with Fukase.

"Don't you want to talk about it? You'll probably feel better afterwards," Oliver insisted while grabbing for the redhead's hand and turned him around to face him. Fukase avoided to look at those goldes orbs facing him with curiosity and shrugged his shoulders.

"It's no big deal, really."

Hesitant Oliver nodded and placed a kiss on the ginger's cheek before heading to the kitchen. Fukase stood still where he had been and sighed. Even Oliver's affection didn't cheer him up, it made him feel even more uncomfortable. Frustrated he rubbed his forehead. Fukase didn't even waste a single thought on his dream and still it had to ruin his day.

Oliver took a look back at the hallway and saw Fukase still absentminded. He tried to cheer him up with his bright smile. "You are off today, right? What about going outside a little?"

Fukase looked up, and as he saw how Oliver tried to make him feel better he forced a smile and nodded. "Sure."

Fukase knew that it would be a long day. How much he hated such dreams.