Mutual Power Play

"Oliver, where have you been?" Fukase's voice shrieked across the hallway as the redhead stumbled off the couch towards the front door. There he was greeted by a confused expression from his lover and no further response. Instead, Oliver simply put off his coat in silence and went into the kitchen.

"Why did you ignore my calls and messages?" Fukase continued, even more alarmed than before. He walked up to his partner but noticed the cold aura emitting from the blond. Fukase refrained on crossing any lines for now. Oliver persisted on ignoring his counterpart and stored away the few groceries he took home with him. A heavy sigh escaped his lips and he stared to the ground.

"I was just buying a few groceries. No big deal."

"But you always tell me when you're going somewhere!" Fukase protested even louder this time. His voice had a more determined tone now and Oliver flinched because of it. He clearly heard out Fukase's anger in it. Those words hit him like lightning strikes, and the blond didn't know what to say against it that would also show effect. Fukase was quick with words and always had something to interpose.

"It was just ten minutes," Oliver said eventually and looked up. Purposely, he tried to look more annoyed than frightened, but could feel himself fail miserably. The toppling of the mood unsettled the blond and he tried to keep their conversation as short as possible. Any further word or expression too much would lead to trouble.

Oliver was about to sigh relieved when Fukase didn't say anything anymore and just stared at him as he finished up with cleaning up. However, as soon as the blond wanted to leave the room without another word, Fukase spoke up and cut off the silence between the two with words as sharp as knives. Their blades landed in Oliver's chest and he coughed bewildered at their precise cut.

"You were meeting that coworker, weren't you?" Fukase knew how to word his thoughts. There barely was any better way to say such thing in such moment. It hit Oliver hard enough to freeze for a second, leaving him to stare at his counterpart in vehement confusion. Slowly, Oliver unfroze and shook his head.

"That's ridiculous," he muttered under his breath and continued his steps through the hallway to his room. Unlike other times, he wouldn't find his peace and quiet like that though. The redhead was more persistent than usually and followed his partner up into his room. Fukase yearned for answers and he wouldn't leave without any. Frustrated, Oliver sighed once again and shook his head.

"I was really just buying food. I didn't even talk to anyone."

Fukase folded his arms before his chest and bent his head. Oliver's distant behavior confused him. He eyed the blond to find any clues, without much success. His own inner nervousness hindered him from concentrating, and instead, he decided to trust his gut feeling. Fukase gulped down hard when simply thinking of what to say.

"Why are you lying to me? You were seeing someone else."

Oliver's silence almost confirmed his assumptions. Fukase breathed in in shock and stood there. Thoughts were running wild inside of him, and at the same time, his mind was blank. He didn't know what to say, too shocked to see Oliver that passive and uninterested about the situation.

"Is it because I'm not good enough? Because I keep being a bother for you?" Fukase's voice was quivering, and so was his body. He felt like he was about to lose his balance as his legs were shaking. Upcoming worry and fear lead to even more insecurity in the spur of the moment. Fukase didn't want to believe his assumptions to be true. "Is that what you think?"

Oliver continued to not say anything and just stare at an uncertain point beside Fukase. His gaze lowered the more Fukase was speaking and the redhead noticed Oliver to clench his teeth hard. 

Suddenly, Fukase's eyes widened in surprise. There was a change inside of him. The terrible shaking of his body due to his worries stopped at once. Instead, a stronger, more passionate feeling started to boil up and conquer his mind. All his thoughts got stirred up into a huge puddle of confusion - and anger.

Fukase's eyes pierced through Oliver's and he took a step closer. He ignored the surprised look on his partner's face and grabbed the blond's hands. He got greeted with resistance but Fukases's grip was stronger.

"But you surely don't think so if you love me."

Fukase didn't wait for Oliver to react this time, and instead, quickly grabbed the blond's face to pull it in a kiss. Purposely, the movements were rough and emotionless, which left Oliver pleading to stop. However, this stirred on Fukase even further and he forced his tongue into the other's mouth, ignoring the echoing whines. While deepening the kiss, a grin crept up the redhead's face. There was no worry or anxiety anymore. Everything was just the way he needed it. With Oliver in his hands, unable to escape the tight grip, his only reason to remain composed was complete. Fukase couldn't be any more satisfied.

Oliver's initial heavy protest trailed off to quiet whines in-between and his lack of interaction. His hands, that had been stemming against Fukase's chest vehemently just now, sunk down to his sides. All energy left his body when he was under his counterpart's force, even if he tried to. His inner fear was too strong. After all, the blond knew this was no act of affection. The harshness of it was too prominent.

Eventually, after Fukase was tired of his little power play with Oliver and pulled away. He had to smirk when finding the blond sitting there all puzzled. The repellent frown on Oliver's face signaled how much he disliked the current situation. The redhead noticed the other one shaking and chuckled internally. This is just where he wanted Oliver to be. He stretched his left arm towards him and pushed the blond closer to him.

"You understand I just want to protect you, right?"

Completely dazzled by Fukase's act, Oliver wasn't thinking clearly. All he knew was that Fukase had won over him once again. Out of breath, Oliver nodded with his head hanging in defeat.

"Yes, of course."

________________________

I hope you enjoyed this piece of writing. Consider this to be the teaser for a (hopefully) soon up-coming story...

Have a nice day~!