Too Hot

The cheerful sounds the birds chirped in the trees, the giggles and laughters of children playing outside sounded for Fukase like a soft lullaby letting him close his eyes. Especially in the warm months he often trailed off with his thoughts and his motivation in working lowered drastically, causing him to sit on his work even longer. But he didn't mind; the atmosphere inside his house was adding to the comfort as it was cooling him down from the warm sun.

An unpleasant ring made him open his eyes to awake from his light slumber and he rubbed his forehead, having slight headache.

Wondering who could it be Fukase opened his door, seeing a certain blond standing behind it. All at once a smile crept on the redhead's face as he saw in what a good mood Oliver let himself into the house.

"Inviting yourself in, I see," Fukase joked as he closed the door and followed Oliver into the living room, taking a seat back where he had been sitting just now. He still had some computer work to do, but a distraction in form of the blond was more than welcome to him.

He pecked the Oliver on the lips and waited for him to speak up as he looked like he had something to tell anytime soon.

"C'mon, let's go outside," Oliver chirped and reached for Fukase's hands to push him out of his seat. The taller one did so but kept shut.

Fukase looked quite uneasy and bit his lip. "I really don't wanna go outside. It's too hot."

"Then wear your head," Oliver retorted and walked towards Fukase's wardrobe to get the clothing he was searching for. As he found it, he threw the hat to Fukase who was still standing in the middle of his living room. But Oliver couldn't care less right now as he really wanted to go outside, with Fukase.

He put on a whiny face and hugged the taller one who looked at his action in silent.

"Please, Fukase. It's so nice outside and you need to go out."

Fukase stared at Oliver's head in silent before he sighed in defeat and pulled away from the hug. "Fine," he mumbled and Oliver's mood lit up at once as he pushed the redhead to get changed.

It took them some time to reach a path to walk on without being surrounded by cars, but as they did Oliver marched down the way happily. Fukase didn't say a word and focused on the ground, his hands resting in his pockets. It stayed like this for quite a while as both listened to the sweet sounds the bird made.

Oliver didn't realize what was going on with the redhead as he was summing some melody and gazing at the scenery passing by. He really loved such weather and couldn't hold back the longing feeling of sun rays warming up his skin. This winter had been quite harsh, so the sun was like a release from the freezing cold to him.

However, he didn't keep in that situation for long as he suddenly woke up from his doze and heard heavy breathing beside him. Wondering where it came from he turned around and froze all at once. Next to him he saw Fukase walking, but in a rather uncommon way. He was bending down a little and his arms swung around with the rhythm of his footsteps. Oliver didn't assume it was anything serious, he seemed only exhausted. But his heavy breathing and the sweat that was already covering his forehead and hand palms indicated something was wrong. They hadn't been outside for more than twenty minutes after all.

Oliver gasped and called out the redhead's name; he didn't got an answer. Fukase only slightly bent his head to the blond's direction. Scared of what was going on, Oliver turned Fukase to make him look into his eyes. Even through the cloth of the shirt, Oliver felt how warm Fukase was. It was almost too warm.

"What's wrong, Fukase?" Oliver almost yelled out as he saw strange, red spots on the pale skin of the other one. They covered half of Fukase's skin and he felt a strange structure as Oliver stroke over them.

While doing so, Fukase didn't move an inch; he didn't even say anything. His dull expression only kept on watching Oliver as he noticed even that slowly fading. The soft features of the smaller one slowly got surrounded by dark spots as they continued to darken his sight.

He felt even more sweat dripping from his body, but he couldn't do anything about it as he felt an uneasy feeling captivating his body and making his knees feel weak, letting him fall to the ground.

Oliver didn't know what was happening as he had managed to prevent the redhead from falling to the ground. The blond kneeled down in shock and tried to get the redhead answering any of his questions, but the said one couldn't even lift up his head.

The red spots on Fukase's skin increased and his whole body seemed to burn; Oliver decided to get Fukase out of the sun first.

At the place they were walking on nobody was in sight as it was a rather quiet place, so Oliver felt quite lost. He didn't know if it was necessary to call the ambulance, but he also didn't want to risk anything. As soon as he waited for a minute in the shadows of a tree for Fukase's state to better, he grabbed for his phone to ensure the safety of Fukase. He had to do something.

Oliver didn't bring anything cooling with him as he only expected to take a short walk and head home again. How could he know Fukase would suddenly pass out? While he dialed the ambulance and wiping of - half displeased about it - the sweat of Fukase's forehead, he felt something touching his knee. As he looked down he saw Fukase's fingers weakly signaling him to stop his doing. Hesitant Oliver did so and stopped the call, looking worried in Fukase's eyes. Apparently, the redhead wasn't completely unconscious, but had his problems keeping in that state.

Oliver continued to stroke worriedly through the redhead's hair, blowing cold air into his face. After a nerve wrecking time, the red spots slowly disappeared from the albino's skin what made Oliver sigh in relief. It took only some more minutes as Fukase managed to move his limbs on his own and formed a weak smile apologetic.

Fukase sat up and rubbed his forehead, his breathing still shaky. He looked at Oliver who was still unsure how to react and the redhead chuckled a little, as much as his body allowed him to. He stroke with his hands over Oliver's cheek but stopped doing so as he noticed how sweaty they still were.

"I'm sorry," Fukase started, "I must've worried you."

"What was that?" Oliver was still overwhelmed by the situation and tried to help Fukase stand up. The one smiled uneasy. "Sun allergy."

"And you tell me this now?" Oliver was clearly upset that he had never heard of such before. Yet he didn't want to start an argument and kept shut about it. Both made their way back home, though in a much slower pace as Oliver didn't want Fukase to get overstrained.

"Well, there had never been a situation I had to tell you. And you wanted to go outside so bad."

"Of course not if you pass out because of the sun."

"Well," Fukas trailed off and looked into the scenery, seeing his house from the distance. "I usually don't react so sensitive about it, but obviously today."

Both walked the rest of the way back home in silent, Oliver still clinging on Fukase's arm for support. The sun was still shining strong, but Fukase tried his best to keep his steady pace. Shortly before they reached his door, Oliver giggled what made Fukase bend his head.

"Those red spots on your skin looked real nasty."

"Well, thank you," Fukase rolled his eyes and smiled. He searched for his keys in his pockets to let them both enter the cooling housing. Relieved Fukase let himself get a glass of water and handed one to the blond as well.

Oliver was still feeling guilty for making Fukase go through passing out, but at the same time he knew couldn't avoid the redhead's reckless behavior anyway. He just knew for sure that from now on he would listen more to Fukase if he didn't want to do something.

It maybe has only been two weeks, but I missed writing stories so bad. And fitting to the current weather it's about a sunny day!

Have a nice day~!