Distraction

Oliver couldn't think straight as he blinked several times to wake himself up again. But his eyelids felt heavy and were about to close again. With a loud yawn Oliver rubbed his eyes and tried to concentrate on the chart in front of him once more. However, he couldn't fix his eyes on the numerous percentages and colors, and a glance at his computer clarified him that he didn't get even a minor step further within the last thirty minutes.

"An analysis about the average interest of the customers of company B," Oliver muttered under his breath and sighed exhausted. Within the recent hours he had been sitting in his room to work on his presentation, he started to question why he decided to choose marketing and advertisement as his major. Oh right, he didn't know what else to pick.

In the beginning he thought that his presentation wouldn't take too much of time, but he was utterly wrong. The actual exam, consisting of twenty pages, could be written within some hours, but the preparations were the most time consuming aspect. Fortunately, Oliver had already finished with such, but now he showed immense problems in concentrating to finish the last pages.

He assumed that the lack of sleep the recent days was the reason for his drowsy mind that didn't allow him to concentrate properly. It wasn't like he went too late for bed - he actually tried to go to sleep at 11pm, but no matter what he did, the dull hours of tossing and turning sleepless in his bed couldn't be avoided. Oliver really wished to know why he couldn't fall asleep, as it had its negative influence to his working routine. Not even strong coffee could wake him up. That frustrated him even more.

Desperately Oliver lay his head next to his documents and closed his eyes cautiously to not fall asleep. He needed to be finished with the assignment by the end of the week - and it was Thursday. Those simple thoughts managed to let nervousness spread through his body, he needed to hurry up.

Without notice, Oliver's door got opened slowly and a certain redhead entered his room with a weak smile. He placed a glass of water next to Oliver's head and sighed saddened as he saw the blonde so distressed; comforting he stroke Oliver's back.

"Give yourself a rest. You've locked yourself up in your room for hours now."

Oliver lifted up his head weakly and took a look at his exam that didn't change since then. "I do so after this is finished," He grunted by the thought of his upcoming work. Reluctantly he straightened up again and dedicated his attention to the chart. Slightly offended to not even get a simple glance, Fukase pouted but continued to strike through the fuzzy strands of Oliver's hair.

"I want to see you smile again," He sighed vacantly, thinking about the last holiday they had spent together with lots of activities and laughter. The ginger noticed he wouldn't get an answer from his partner and leaned his head against the other's shoulder. He continued to sputter about irrelevant things as suddenly he got an idea.

"When you're finished, I want to do something with you again. Something fun but also exciting, that will definitely take you off things."

Irritated Oliver stopped his movement and the typing that had resonated through his room broke off. "I don't need anything excited, all I want is some sleep," He stated harshly, but felt sorry for his wording. He glanced over to Fukase who faced him with a surprised expression covering his face. "What about your work?," Oliver asked instead and turned back to the screen, typing faster than before to bring it to an end.

Fukase groaned and shrugged his shoulders. "I don't make such a big fuss about it like you do." He sat up again and tried to make eye contact with Oliver, though the other one didn't even avert his eyes from the screen for a second. "And you shouldn't, too," Fukase added and grabbed the blonde's cheeks softly to make Oliver face him. He could see Oliver frown annoyed due to being disturbed by his work, but this time Fukase couldn't care less about it. More likely, he stroke over the blonde's dark circles under his eyes and sighed.

"Look at those dark circles. How can you concentrate, when you're that tired?" He gave Oliver a peck on the forehead and looked at his eyes. He could literally see the impatience of eventually continuing his works sparkling in them and sighed. Sometimes Oliver was such a dull person.

The blonde managed to escape Fukase's grip and turned back once more to his computer, slowly being impatient with the redhead's presence. Of course, he wasn't annoyed by him but in such moments he wanted his peace and quiet - from everybody. He started to type again after he got an idea how to continue. 

"There are responsibilities to take care of, no matter what," Oliver answered Fukase's question, to which the other one only bent his head. "That much you forget to take care of your health?"

Olive decided to stay silent as the ginger was right with that. Still he wanted to finish his work as soon as possible, he could sleep afterwards. However, not much later he felt two arms embracing him from behind and tugging him on his back. Oliver sighed as he felt Fukase snuggling his face against his neck and tried to get rid of the grip, but Fukase didn't let go.

Once again nervousness came up inside of Oliver as he thought about the loss of time for his presentation. Helpless as he felt, he asked Fukase whining to let him go as he kept on trying to escape. The much Fukase hated to see Oliver like this, he kept on holding him in a tight embrace and wrapped his legs around the smaller one's waist.

After some minutes Oliver has calmed down completely and lay quiet, listening to the ginger's heartbeat pounding softly against his back. "Fukase," Oliver stretched impatiently with his sweet voice Fukase usually couldn't resist. "Would you let go of me?"

"Shsh, you need to get some sleep," The redhead grinned and closed his eyes.

"But I still have-"

"You don't have to do anything," Fukase interrupted slightly annoyed. "Only try to get some rest."

As Oliver realized it didn't make any sense resisting, he turned around to face Fukase who still had a satisfied smirk on his face.

"You surely are annoying," Oliver sighed, but Fukase simply chuckled. "And you're dull."

Olive rose an eyebrow and placed a kiss on the redhead's forehead. "Sorry, then I'm obviously too dull for a kiss on the lips."

Oliver also snuggled himself against Fukase with a weak smile, forgetting about his presentation and slowly drifting off to sleep. Right before, he managed to whisper the words Fukase had waited for the recent days to hear again.

"I love you, Fukase."

"I love you, too, Oliver."