14. Hi...Awkward...

"How long has it been?" I raise my eyebrows, as Ernest counts his fingers.

"I believe you haven't seen them for about two months, almost three." He nods like he's accomplished something, but I'm the most puzzled.

We are standing in front of my old apartment complex. I am at the doors and am afraid to walk through. The last time they saw me we were abandoned by Jack and- What ever did happen to Kelly on that night she disappeared?

Is she missing like I was, or is she fine?

"We don't have all day. If you really miss your friends, then we need yo hurry up so that we can search for the Couteaus hide out." I look to Dexter as he pops his neck, then the twins push me in front.

"Lead the way." I start walking as everything feels foreign. I go through the doors and smell an aroma I did catch before or notice last time. Its...almost salty...like sea water.

I glance at them, their noses scrunched up as they smell it too. I head to the elevator, they climb on as I press my floor. Slowly the doors close, causing us to now wait.

"Did I ever mention that one of the Couteaus sons named Liam lives here?" When I said that their bodies tensed, jaws clenching.

"You are telling us this now? What if we encounter him!?" Dexter hisses, but I roll my eyes.

" He doesn't know who you both are-."

"Not unless he can remember us from ten years ago. When he tried killing us when he was a teenager, obviously he failed." Dexter and Ernest snickered as they remembered something.

The elevator doors opened as I rushed out, running to my room door as I saw the address. 2567.

"Don't do or say anything that'll make them question my existence of still being alive." I tell them as they nod, then I knock.

I hear Jack inside, shockingly enough, and he's sniffing. I hear his footsteps ease closer and hear the lock unhinge from the hole. When the door opens I see him, his eyes droopy as he has stubble on his face. His clothes on loosely as his hair was in a wild frenzy.

But as soon as his eyes looked at me the more I smiled as they got brighter. Then he was crying, his arms wrapping around me as I hugged him back.  I could feel his tears drench my shirt as he hugged me tightly, and I chuckled.

"We thought you were dead..." He mumbles into my shoulder as I understand where he's coming from.

"I'm not dead. I'm alive and well trust me. Just look at me, Jack?" I said softly, pressing my hand to his spine, and then I thought of him, laying the gold dust flow out my fingers into his spine.

He instantly was pulling away as he sighed, relaxed.

"We really missed you, hope you know that. And who are these giants?" I looked to the twins as I saw, they were giants compared to him.

Jack was 6' while they were 6'8 each, tall and couldn't even get inside without ducking.

"We are her-."

"Mates! Like mates as in Australia! That's where they're from. Remember from the bar? Yep, they, uh, found me." I smiled as Jack looked them up and down.

It didn't help as I felt them glaring into my skull as I didn't mention they were mates. Did they forget that we are around humans right now?

"Well! Enough chitchat, get inside and see Lukas and Kelly," I walked in and the twins ducked under the door," Lukas! Kelly! I have a surprise!" He screams as he is running around frantically.