34. Infuriating

This is Part 3 of the whole book, and the last Part. So that means when I'm done I will forever be done with this book. But I might do - wait you'll see - maybe. And that's Liam's father, Royce Couteau.

I walk into a CVS Pharmacy, grabbing a cart as I see people notice that me - a Couteau - is shopping in this place. I mean, usually when I was still a part of the Couteau clan we had people go places to buy us things. So I get that I was in Target with Gabby and she said she was pregnant. So that was out and was all over tabloids, but enough about me!

Now I grab a package of six bottles of 7UP putting it in as I now go in the medicine isle. Not much in store if I say so myself, and the cough drops section is full of opened bags as cough drops are sprawled anywhere. I was tempted to grab one for free, but since I'm a gentlemen...

I grabbed some painkillers from a shelf as I threw them in a basket. Some people stared as I was even grabbing this thing for pregnant women where you wear headphones and you can hear the heart beat of your kids. I get it, I haven't been in the public eye that much but there was a big scene at Target when I was with Gabby and she got in a argument with that woman.

As I got out that isle my phone started buzzing frantically in my pocket, and no one ever calls me. My number is a private number and I don't give it to just anyone.

I took it out as it read UNKNOWN, and I had a feeling that I should answer it.

So I did, and I could hear that whoever this person was was driving. I could hear the sound of a car driving on road and the wind impacting it. Then I heard someone crying, not crying, bawling, and they were trying to say something. It was a female as well, and she sounded familiar.

"Who the hell is this?" I finally say, and when I heard a chuckle on the other line, it made my heart stop. No one chuckles like that...a deep rumble of the throat as the laugh makes shivers go down your spine. Except...impossible...

"Aww, that is no way to speak to your Father."

I freeze as he starts chuckling some more. My hands begin to get clammy, and the thought of him being alive makes bile build up in the back of my throat. Immediately I go to the cash register, putting my stuff there.

"Why - how are you still alive you son-of-a-bitch?" I hiss, and the cashier glances up at me with worrisome in his eyes. He tells me the amount and I throw him some bills.

"My oh my, I thought that at least my own son would be happy to hear my voice. I am your father."

"I stopped considering you my father the day I buried you into this earth. I saw Ernest slice your neck, you were dead." The guy passes me the bags as his hands are shaking, I'm not even trying to hide the fact that I'm pissed right now. And that I was hoping my devil spawn of a father was dead. I took them, leaving the place as I got in my car, able to raise my voice.

"I was dead. But, someone saved me, almost like I... resurrected out of the dirt. Almost like a...like a...zombie."

"What the hell is this are you telling me your a zombie? Like I'd believe that bullshit."

"Then you tell me how you could let a werewolf bite you and turn you into one of those beasts. Once you do, I'll tell you what I am now."

I don't even think I'm breathing.

I heard a bloodcurdling scream come from Gabby as my father started laughing. I heard Chienne in the background saying something to her, then the sound of something getting slapped.