E. 4

Aaron

I can hear what Liam is saying.

He's yelling, shouting, screaming - whichever one... I don't know which to choose from...

But I can hear his words. I knew what I did was despicable and evil when we were younger. Considering as kids we were like this. 🤞🏼

I get it, I messed up bad. But at least I'm trying.

All my siblings are iffy. But the one I was the closest with, was him. To hear him say he hates me, that was expected. But it hurts more hearing him say it.

I stand from the side of the pool, walking inside their house.

Ian and the others are not in here anymore, and I just sit at the island.

I don't know what I can do.

Talking doesn't work. Because I'll end up saying something and he'll automatically twist it into something of his own that's negative. Again, expected.

I always insulted him and cussed him out and gave him the cold shoulder. I'm probably the main reason why and how he learned those sailor words.

Gabby at least wants us to get along. But he doesn't. I don't know what he's playing at, but all I want it forgiveness and for us to jay love each other like the brothers we are. Even though he might hate me more.

"Aaron." I look over my shoulder, seeing Gabby sit next to me at the island.

She reaches across and grabs a tissue, holding it out for me.

"... I think you need this..."

I blinked, feeling my cheeks as I felt a couple of tears on my face.

"Thanks." I take it, wiping my face of these cursed tears that I didn't even know escaped. Not that I knew I had tears in my eyes.

"You really want Liam to forgive you...do you...?"

"Yes... That's why I came over here. Not to see my nephews or nieces - not that they aren't important! But...I mainly wanted to see if Liam would've...forgiven my past self...

"Secretly, deep down, I just want to die. I have done so much to my brother, and he's somehow stronger than me on the outside and inside. And I was one of those kids that made it on accepting compliments.

"Would do anything to anyone to get them. Even if it meant knocking them down so that the attention was on me. Then one day, Liam just had no life in his eyes. Like...someone grabbed his soul and crushed it... And I knew I was at fault.

"Now, at that point, I was purposely messing with him. To see where his breaking point was. But he'd only get stronger, bigger, and better. I haven't seen him cry in years, not even at Moms funeral. And I even had the decency to make him fall into her casket... Uh! I'm a horrible person..."

I covered my face, feeling those damn water works coming on. I am not a crier so the fact that of all people I am crying over is my little brother...

"I wish I can apologize to him."

"Then do that."