30. Babysitting...

Thank you!!!!!!!!! I can't believe my story was has achieved a 100k readers! I was shocked to wake up and see a 100 slap me in the face. Thank you guys, for making that possible and voting and commenting.

I don't know what I can do to lay you all back. But I can write anything you desire and write something you've been wanting to be seen or be done. Just to thank you.

Luv ya! And thank you! 😜😁😘

"Brianna! Please come back!" Gabby and I are chasing after a kid that someone let us babysit. For practice and such. But we are in Target, and this little girl is running around holding a stolen doll.

"I want this doll!" She cries, sprinting off as she turns a random corner. Then I turn around, seeing Gabby staggering behind.

"That Brianna girl is getting in my last nerve. And it's not helping that we are in the public." I nod, helping Gabby as she leans on me." What do you think she's trying to accomplish?"

"We aren't her parents, so she's probably trying to annoy us so much, hat we just give it to her."

"Well it's working." Gabby growled, looking around as some people were staring.

"I've never been in the public as much as this before. Do people always stare at you like this?"

I nod, realizing that I'm used to it. But if it was a normal person, it would be rude to stare.

"It's not normal. It's rude to stare. But they are probably staring because Brianna ran off and we are talking right here like there's not a child running loose. And probably wonders what kind of parents we are and why a Couteau has a kid and is probably wondering if I have a secret child." Once I say this she looks away, shaking her head as she starts whistling.

"Also wondering why I'm with a black girl. Bet they thought I only went for white girls but, love has no...color..." Gabby is glaring at me, and I shut up.

"It is not always about you. It's the first thing you said that was right. We need to get Brianna, so far I'm being a horrible practice mother." She got off me, jogging off as she turned the corner Brianna went. Instead I sniffed the air, like a damn dog, smelling a scent of sour patch kids and pretzels. Brianna smells funny, what should I expect, like a child's favorite foods.

I turn away from the direction Gabby went, being directed to the cat supplies. When I get on the isle I see Brianna, playing with one of the cat toys. She hasn't noticed that I found her, so I sneak up, snatching the toy up as she looks up, surprised.

"You won't catch me!" She yells, but I grab her wrist as I pick her up.

"Already did. I guess I don't have to catch you after all." She pouts, and I head out as I place the doll on a random shelf." Why are you being so bad. I get it, Gabby and I aren't your parents, but we are babysitting you. We have to make sure we bring you back home in one piece and not stolen by a stranger. You know how much trouble we'd be in?"

I ask, and she looks away as she nods solemnly.

"Now, we must find Gabby and then we need to finish shopping. I don't want you running off again okay-?" I feel myself bump into a cart, looking off to my side as I see a woman with her kid in the cart. He looks up at me, and he holds a Nintendo, then looks away as he rolls his eyes. Brat.

"I am sooo sorry for hitting you! I wasn't paying attention and my son caught my attention. I mean, you know how kids are these days?" She asks, and her cheeks fill with color as I shake my head.