Chapter 22

"How did you even get into my apartment?"

An angry gleam enters his eyes. "The door was unlocked." He answers tightly. "Bambi, that shit is dangerous. Anyone could have gotten in!"

Great, just great. First I panic unnecessarily over nothing, then I forget to lock my frickin' door after before mentioned panic. Someone is going to find me raped and murdered in my bed because of my cursed forgetfulness.

"Bambi, promise me you'll lock the door from now on. Otherwise I'm gonna have you move in with me." I turn startled eyes to Liam.

"You have got to be joking! There's no way I'm moving in with you!" I exclaim.

"If you ever forget to lock your door again you sure as hell will!" he tilts his head to the side. "Now that I think about it, I might make you move in anyway. That way I can better look after you."

I stare at him, stunned. "Liam I'm not moving in with you." He doesn't answer, instead opting for planting a non committing kiss on my cheek.

When we get outside I see the motorcycle parked on the sideway. I have never been on a bike and the prospect of getting behind Liam isn't exactly appealing. From what I've seen he goes fast. "Liam I'm not too sure about this."

"Bambi for the last time, you're going."

"But can't we walk? Or get a cap?" he turns to face me.

"Afraid of riding the bike?"

"Afraid of you crashing the bike with me on it. I have seen how you drive."

He smiles at me and kiss my cheek. "I'll go slow and be careful, I promise. After all I'm carrying precious cargo." His words make me blush and I allow him to pull me over to the bike. He help me put on the extra helmet he brought and help me up on the bike. Then he begins to give me instructions. "Stick close to me during the ride. When I lean you lean with me. Don't move your feet from where they are resting now, some parts of the bike will become hot, okay?" I nod and he runs a reassuring hand down my back before getting on.

I'm not sure how I like riding the bike despite the care Liam took with me as a passenger. He did as he promised and went slow often going way below the speed limit and he took large turns whenever he could so we didn't have to lean quite as much. I might have enjoyed it if I hadn't been so stiff and nervous.

Liam parks in the underground parking lot of the local mall. He gets off before lifting me clean off the bike and taking off my helmet.

"I thought we should take the classic dating road. Movie and dinner. Sound good?" Liam asks.

"Sounds good." I agree and take his hand. He looks pleasantly surprised that I initiated contact and he gives my hand a squeeze as we make our way to the cinema.

We almost get into a new fight when choosing what movie to watch. Liam wanted to see a horror because apparently that would make me clingy. I'm not watching a horror movie! Just to spite him I insist that we watch a ROM COM, knowing Liam is way to 'macho' for that. Just when Liam's about to bulldoze over me I suggest an action movie. After some more arguing and me threatening to be cross and angry for the remainder of the date Liam agrees to my choice.

"Then you're also gonna have to promise to give the date a chance, kay?" Liam says.

"I solemnly swear not to go to the restroom and escape out the window, kay?" I reply cheekily.

The corner of his mouth tips up. "Smartass." Then we go to get our tickets.

We have a few hours until the movie starts, so we have dinner at the pizza place next door. I'm actually relieved by his choice of date activities. After seeing his 'house' I wasn't completely sure whether or not he would take me on a posh date where I would feel horribly out of depth. But this is nice and relaxed.