Chapter 29

Caia

It was just as amazing as I remember it. Not that I expected it to change all that much in just two years. But still.

I love it. I simply love it. The lights, the smells, the noise, the games, the rides, the crowd. Everything!

I spot the bumper cars straight ahead of us and tug at Liam's arm excitedly. "Let try the cars!"

When a low grumble is the only answer I get I roll my eyes.

"Let's gooooo!" Jade yells and run ahead, dragging Jordan after her.

They're all here, the whole gang plus some, and Liam's none too pleased about it. I might have made a small mistake when I called Camille and Jade in a panic because I didn't have anything to wear. Tragically clichéd I know. Upon hearing where we were going, they both got all excided which got the ball rolling. Jade told Cade - naturally - and he called Jordan, Jade called Adam and Adam called some of Liam's other friends, who called their friends or brought their girlfriends. Jason and Alice are here as well as five of Liam's other friends, two girlfriends and two friends of friends. They met us at the entrance and when Liam saw them his eyes narrowed and he started yelling at them. When they just ignored him he almost jumped one of them, but I quickly grabbed hold of one of his arms and dragged him to the entrance. He tried to lose them in the crowd unsuccessfully. So now he's walking beside me, sulking like a five year old and refusing to even hold my hand.

But on the plus side, Camille and Jade helped me find a cute outfit - a simple, short dress, leggings, high boots and a short denim jacket with the sleeves rolled up - and Camille is walking with Adam, eyes shyly thrown down or peeking up at him through her lashes. As always Adam seems to revel in her company, but he has noticed her changed demeanor and he's trying to put her at ease by being witty and even sweeter than usual. Which just causes Camille to blush more. But she's clearly seeing him in a new light and liking what she sees, because she's a lot more attentive and she smiles at him softly with her heart in her eyes.

I find myself smiling to myself as I give Liam's arms another tug before taking his hand to drag him with me. "Come on grumpy. Let's go have fun!"

"This was supposed to be our date." He says accusingly and I almost roll my eyes again.

"It still is. Now it's just a group date."

"I ain't got a date!" one of the friend of friends, Ford I think, says and this time I do roll my eyes.

"You're with him." I say nodding to the friend he came with.

He makes a grimace and shakes his head. "Eh, no thanks. I don't swing my bat that way." Laughter erupts from our group and even Liam's lips tug upwards a bit.

"Ha! You'd be lucky to get a piece of me!" Liam's friend, Jon, yells and strikes what I guess could be called a sexy pose.

Liam's friends are surprisingly goofy. Sure, some of them are big and could be intimidating but they act like the teens they are and not the delinquents they look like. So while the sheer mass of them makes me a bit uncomfortable I like them.

Besides, Liam's here. So there's nothing to be afraid of.

I ride the bumper cars together with Camille and Jade. Some of the others joined us too but they mainly ram into each other and gang up against one victim. Liam is standing by the fence looking on and smiling indulgingly.

It seems 'indulgence' is the word of the day. We walk from ride to ride and from booth to booth. I'm loaded down with toys and stuffed animals because Liam keeps winning them, and Liam let me go onto all the rides I want. He mostly stand by the fencing and watch with a smile but he joins me on the rollercoaster's.