chapter 4- the bet

Austin's P.O.V

I had tried to kiss Jamin while we were in the sand, but she had cut me off by saying she wanted to go swim. I was a bit upset that she had said that, but I agreed and got off of her.

I carefully observed her as she took her shorts and shirt off. When she looked at me, it was so obvious that I was staring at her, but instead of me saying anything, I picked her up and carried her to the water.

"Austin! Put me down!"

I knew she was trying to get out of my arms, but instead, I ran towards the water, deep enough so she wouldn't try to swim away.

"No, I want to go back. It's so cold!" she complained. Once again, all I did was laugh.

"I know how I can keep you warm." I winked, and laughed at her expression.

I dropped her into the water, and from the look on her face, I knew she wasn't too happy. I swam away from her, but once I felt her push me under water, I stayed there for a while. I could hear her panicking voice

"Austin? Austin, this isn't funny!"

When I could no longer hold in my breath, I swam towards her, and pulled her down by her legs.

When I swam up, I smirked and swam towards her, wrapping my arms around her waist once again. I knew that I had an effect on her because she seemed nervous every time I touched her.

"You scared me!" I knew from the sound of her voice that I did scare her, and I felt somewhat bad, but at least I knew she cared about me.

"Aww, you like me." I smirked

"I don't. You're annoying." She challenged and placed her hands on my shoulders.

"Then why did you agree to come to the beach with me if you don't like me?" I shot back and raised my eyebrow.

"Because... I was bored." I knew that wasn't completely true. She could have easily stayed home and done something else.

"Or I'm irresistible and you couldn't say no to me." I was having fun teasing her, especially because she got mad so easily, but I knew she was just joking too.

"You're so full of yourself." Once I heard her laugh, I couldn't help but smile. She sure knew how to challenge me. She wasn't as easy as other girls. She actually made me chase her. She got out of my arms, once again, and swam away from me.

"Baby, where are you going?" when I reached her, I wrapped my arms around her waist again, and was surprised when she didn't say anything about me calling her baby. Maybe she didn't hear me, or just chose to ignore that.

We stayed quiet for a few seconds, and I was just looking at her beautiful face. I knew I had to kiss her now. I had made a bet with the boys to try to get Jasmin to like me. Being me, I could never say no to a bet. I had to win, and I think I was doing alright since she didn't seem that annoyed by me right now. She could have easily left, or not agreed to come to the beach with me in the first place.

"I think we should go back, my-" I knew she wanted to leave, and I couldn't let her leave now. I didn't even think of what I was doing. I cut her off and kissed her. I was surprised when she didn't push me away, but even more surprised when I felt her arms around my neck and her lips moving against mine. I continued to kiss her, and brought her closer to my body, feeling her fingers play with my hair.

Jasmin's P.O.V

I continued to kiss Austin for what felt like forever. Once I finally pulled away from the kiss, I looked at him and saw the smile on his face. I felt my face heating up and I slowly pulled my arms away from his neck, turning around. I heard him chuckle and place his chin on my shoulder.