Human

It's been a little over a month since you picked up Jungkook from the pet shop, and his behavior has calmed down and normalized.

Other than the daily morning session of him trying to dominate you and you gently removing his little body from your person, everything has gone smoothly.

He fits perfectly into your lifestyle, giving you someone to take care of and protect when your irritated grandmother shoos you out of your house. On top of that, you don't feel so lonely anymore with Jungkook in the house. Every time you walk in the door after class he's there, waiting at the edge of his playpen and hopping in circles of happiness.

Jimin occasionally brings over Taehyung and Hoseok for play dates, which has given you and the handsome orange-headed man a lot of time to become good friends. The two ferrets and Jungkook get along perfectly as well, playfully chasing each other around and cuddling in a pile of furry happiness inside Jungkook's playpen.

You feel light on your feet most days. 

It's so different from before, so much happier.
Now you have a close friend who enjoys hanging out with you and a pet that loves you unconditionally, filling up your heart with warmth.

It's nice, but there's this niggling feeling inside of you. A nagging, persistent cloud of uncertainty in the back of your mind that tells you something.

This is all too good to be true.

As you step into your apartment one day after a long afternoon of classes, you suspect that the sensation is growing to a climax.

There's an electric feeling in the air that you don't understand.

Something's happening.

Shaking your head to dispel the strange thought, you enter your apartment with joyful anticipation.

"Hi, Kookie!" you say as you skip over to your pet's pen, meeting him at the edge and stepping over like normal. Jungkook honks in excitement and runs in circles around you before climbing into your lap, licking your hand. You figured out that it's a good thing when he does that, a sign of affection and trust.

It makes you grin and you scratch under his chin.

After playing with Jungkook for a couple minutes, you pick him up and bring him into your room, changing into more comfy clothes.

It's jut like any other normal day.

You cook yourself dinner and give Jungkook his food, do your homework with the fluffball napping on your lap, and watch the television for a little while before heading to bed. You leave Jungkook on the bed as you go into the bathroom and shower, wash your face, and brush your teeth. You dress in a gigantic tshirt and panties.

You get in bed.

Jungkook crawls up your chest and give you a tiny lick on your nose before bounding off to curl up on his pillow.

Simple.

Normal.

That's how it should've ended, how it should've continued into the next morning.

But it doesn't.

Instead, in the middle of the night you feel someone warm against your neck along with a puff of breath.

Jungkook's sniffing you. Although it may just be the fact that it's (you glance at your alarm clock) only 2:30 in the morning, your rabbit feels heavier than normal.

Then he licks you.

But it isn't the usual tiny fleck of moisture as the itty bitty muscle touches you; no, it isn't anything like that. His tongue is broad, flat, and a little raspy as it laps at your skin, making your eyes shoot open.

Because that isn't your rabbit.

There's a vague shadowy figure in the dark room, but you can't see well. So, trembling in absolute terror, you reach slowly for the lamp beside your bed as though not to disturb whatever is next to you.

Just as your hand reaches the light switch, a heavy weight moves on top of you and crushes you into the mattress, followed by yet another swipe of the tongue from the thing that is clearly not your pet bunny.

You squeak beneath the heaviness and, with your last bit of strength, push up against it to flick your finger against the lamp switch.

Light floods the room, illuminating your bed and the figure on it.

Your breath stalls in your throat as sheer horror crashes through you.

There's a naked man on top of you.

There's a naked man on top of you!

He's long and heavy, settled on top of you with his face buried in your throat and his arms around your hips, thin waist settled between your legs.

You can't move.

"AHHHHHHHHH!!" you shriek at the top of your lungs, flailing desperately in an attempt to free yourself from the bare torso pinning your own down. You don't understand how his reaction is only as slight grumble of complaint before he drifts back into heavy sleep. You're punching, kicking, and shoving as much as your captor will allow, struggling to get him off of you and get out.

The man yawns.

Yawns.

"What's wrong?" he asks sleepily without moving from his position.

"What the heck?! Who are you?" you sob.
"Please don't rape me!"

You stop speaking the moment the man lifts his face and looks you in the eye.

He's young, maybe a year or two younger than even you with dark ebony hair falling into his eyes and a strong jaw ending at a square-ish chin. His lips are uneven, tucked in further on one side with the top lip in a much smaller proportion to the bottom one. But the thing that you notice immediately is the dark and wide eyes looking back into yours.

You know those eyes.

Those deep, black doe eyes that stare you down with familiar sleepy intensity.

"Holy-" you breathe in shock. "Jungkook?"

That's impossible.

Jungkook is a rabbit, not a hot human guy. There's no way that this intruder is your precious pet bunny.

No way.

That's the only thought you can muster until the man says,"Why am I so cold?"

He shivers and reaches for a blanket, freezing mid-process as he seems to realize something.

The man with Jungkook's eyes then draws his own hand back in front of his face, and stares at it. One of his fingers twitches experimentally.

"Ah," the man says. His eyes go huge and fly to his throat. "Ah, ah," he tries again and you can see the panic rising in his eyes at the sound of a mellow, musical voice spilling out from his vocal chords. His hands touch his face, skimming over his featured and upper chest.

"Holy crap," he whimpers.

Holy crap is right, you agree in your head.

"Jungkook?" you whisper, gulping when he responds to the name. For a moment, the two of you simply stare at each other in bewilderment.

Then your bunny rabbit says, "I'm human."

And he rolls off of you, sprinting out of he room.

[A/N]
Unedited