Escape

"Jiminie, can I-"

"No."

"Look, Jiminie, it's so shiny! I want to-"

"No."

"Jiiiiimmmmiiiinnniiiiieeee that person looks like they need to cuddle! Please can I-"

"No, Hoseok. You cannot cuddle random people on the street."

You choke back laughter as Jimin reels the brunette back in by his belt loop, keeping two finger hooked there as well as two fingers on the other hand hooked in Taehyung's belt.

The five of you are quickly making your way down the street, returning to the little pet shop of horrors where this whole thing started.

With the guise of getting ice cream keeping your pets occupied, you observe with amusement as Jimin tries to keep his two energetic ferrets from wreaking havoc.
Taehyung's already tried to chase a pigeon twice, and Hoseok continuously wants to hug people walking around you.

Jungkook, on the other hand, is thankfully sticking like glue to your side. His ebony eyes are wide and cautious, one hand fisted in the back of your shirt and the other clinging to your hip as he navigates the sidewalk behind you. Every time a pedestrian brushes past him, he flinches.

"A puppy!" Taehyung cries mournfully, pointing to the furry animal and pulling up his ill-fitting pants as you pass.

All three of them are dressed in Jimin's too short and too big clothes.

In fact, Taehyung, the tallest of the three, doesn't even look like he's wearing jeans; they're only highwaters on him.

On top of that, all three of them have belts to keep the pants up around their waist, due to the fact that Jimin's dancer body has supplied him with muscled thighs and a thick butt that the other taller, slimmer-hipped men can't ever compare to.

It's comical, watching them skipping around in pants that don't even reach their ankles.
You never realized that Jimin was this short until these three giants showed up.

"I want ice cream," Hoseok whines. "I've never had it, and it looks so good. When are we getting ice cream?"

"Soon," Jimin answers vaguely.

Hoseok goes back to humming merrily, but Taehyung's eyes narrow. He watches Jimin closely, and you think you can see how he smells the nervousness roiling around the other man at the inspection.

"How soon is soon?" Taehyung hedges suspiciously.

At his tone of voice, Jungkook's brows furrow and he looks at you curiously. The question is plain across his face.

What's wrong with hyung?

"We have one tiny errand to run first," Jimin squeaks.

He isn't a good liar or a good actor, and Taehyung can sense the off tone in his voice.

Stupid animal instincts.

Taehyung stops goofing around then. Instead, he carefully inspects the streets as you pass, noting the stores and street signs and habitually scenting the air.

The actions make you and Jimin share an uneasy glance.

When you turn the corner into the street where the pet shop is located, Taehyung's nostrils flare. With widened eyes, he digs his heels in and screeches to a stop, whipping around on Jimin.

"No," he growls. "I'm not going back there."

"Tae Tae, what's wrong?" Hoseok asks in concern, but Taehyung throws off his hands and bares his teeth at your orange haired friend.