Iron Man

"Clothes. Clothes. Clothes, these boys need clothes!"

You cover your eyes and push yourself out from under the two naked not-ferrets, stumbling around like a headless chicken and reaching out for Jimin to help you.

You keep your voice quiet as you whisper-yell at him. "Get them something to wear!"

"I tried!" Jimin takes your hand, leading you into his apartment. You can sense the other two following you. "Taehyung put the boxers over his head like a hat, and Hoseok had an upside-down t-shirt on as pants. I swear, I tried to dress them!"

He pauses as the door clicks closed behind the four of you. "Wait," Jimin says slowly. "You're taking this awfully well."

Sighing, you peek through your fingers.

Taehyung and Hoseok are cuddled together on the sofa, a blanket over both of them. You almost laugh at the similarity to their ferret forms. The fact that they're both grown men in the nude isn't fazing them at all.

"I spent the last thirty minutes trying to keep a very large not-animal Jungkook from crawling into his bunny house," you say dryly. "The shock kind of wore off."

Jimin eyes the two men on his couch warily before trudging back into his bedroom, gesturing for you to follow him. The both of you gather in front of Jimin's dresser drawer.

He starts to dig through it.

"How did this happen?" your orangey friend muses. He pulls out a pair of boxers, red and gold with a pattern on it.

"Is that Iron Man?" you scoff in amusement.

Glaring, Jimin throws the underwear at your face and opens another drawer.

"I'm serious, Y/N. What the heck is going on?" he asks with a sigh.

You tuck the boxers and a pair of athletic shorts from Jimin under your arms, crossing them across your chest.

"I don't know," you say back.

You stand with Jimin for a couple moments, a silent, contemplative aura surrounding you.

It hits you out of nowhere.

This can't possibly be what those two crazy pet shop employees were talking about, can it?

As if your thoughts are in sync, you and Jimin turn to each other simultaneously and blurt out, "Yoongi!"

Jimin shakes his head. "Did that crazy grandpa do that to us?"

You frown. "Grandpa? He was only, like, a couple years older than us. Maybe less."

"He acts like a grandpa," Jimin mutters bitterly as you cover a wide yawn.

The time of the morning is getting to you, adrenaline wearing off and exhaustion setting in.

"I don't know," you mumble sleepily, clutching the clothing to your chest. "But we can go see them tomorrow. I need sleep. Thanks for the clothes.

You feel like a zombie as you start to drag yourself back through Jimin's apartment.

Before you can make it out the door, you're trapped in another naked ferret sandwich as Taehyung and Hoseok tell you goodbye, and to come visit soon.

You don't make any promises.

Jungkook is sitting in the middle of his playpen when you enter your own apartment, his knees tucked up into his chest in a vulnerable position that breaks your heart. His gorgeous eyes light up at your entry.

"You came back!" he chirps, springing up to embrace you.

Still unused to all of the physical affection from good-looking men like the three pets, you simply pay his back and try to remind yourself that this is still your precious little bunny.

"Of course I did," you say gently. "I told you, Kookie, I'm not leaving you."

He hums, fingering the clothing in your arms. "What's this?"

You grin, pulling the clothes out and holding up the boxers for his inspection.

Jungkook's eyes light up. "It's Iron Man!"

How in the heck...

"Yeah," you say slowly. "You need to put them on."

"Okay." Without another word, Jungkook takes the boxers from your hands and slips them on with ease.

Without questions.

There's a noticeable lack of him trying to wear them as a hat.

Now that you can fully look at him, you take the opportunity to gape at him in confusion.

The ferrets didn't know anything.

"How do you know how to put those on?" you ask. "And how do you know who Iron Man was? For that matter, how do you even know how to speak?!"

Jungkook gives you a smile as he pulls on the clothes, and it takes your breath away.

It's the first time he's smiled sense he turned into a human.

"Yoongi hyung always had the tv playing in the pet shop," Jungkook tells you.

He pulls the shorts on, making the Iron Man pattern disappear.

The shorts are too small on him by a long shot.

"He played Iron Man sometimes," the man continues, looking down at himself in the clothes. "That's my favorite. And that's how I know how to speak too, from all of the shows, I guess.

"And how to put clothes on?" you say doubtfully. "Taehyung and Hoseok didn't know how to."

Jungkook perks up at the words. "Hyungs are human too?"

"Unfortunately." You put your hands on your hips, biting your lower lip in curiosity and waiting for him to continue.

"You can't see the tv from the ferret pen," Jungkook says, quenching your thirst for knowledge. "I got to watch the shows, but they only listened to them. So they know how to talk but they might not know some other stuff."

You want to ask more, like how he's so coordinated and a billion other things, but your brain keeps reminding you that it's 3:00 in the morning.

"I have to go to sleep," you mumble, clutching your head.

Jungkook hums in agreement and follows you back into your bedroom. You don't question it when he crawls into bed with you; it isn't like inter-species attraction is an issue, and
Jungkook's still a bunny on the inside. So you allow him to slip under the covers and cuddle up to you, and you both fall into a deep sleep stemmed from exhaustion.

[A/N]
unedited
Sorry it took so long  Dragneel-sensei ~ longer than I thought it would. I was caught up in Teach Her and a collab, so I just now got around the writing the last 100 words.