Persuasion

"Noona," Jungkook mumbles from behind you where he sits on the bed. "I think I need to find a job."

You're in the bathroom washing the last traces of your makeup, your hair tied up in a messy bun to keep it off of your face. At Jungkook's words, you spare him a glance through the doorway, wary of the trail of soap slithering down the right side of your face. "Why do you say that?"

But you know why.

It's because Jimin found openings at a cafe yesterday and took Taehyung and Hoseok to apply for the jobs.

After returning from the last shop with the handy dandy vial of turn-em-back-into-ferrets juice, you and your orange-haired companion had sat down your beautiful human buddies at your kitchen table. You had pulled the orange liquid out of you pocket and flashed it at the three men, seeing the gleam in their eyes at the sight of a pretty, shiny new substance.

"Do we get to drink it?" Jungkook had asked, followed immediately by Hoseok's statement of, "I want to drink it."

"No," Jimin had stressed. "No one can drink this, unless you want to turn back into animals."

The three had recoiled from the vial like it held deadly poison.

"We just need to dump it down the sink," Jimin had told you. "Get rid of it once and for all, so that there isn't even a chance of an accident happening.

In agreement, you stood and took the vial to the sink, wedging out the cork with a soft pop!
You carefully let a drop of the liquid drip into your sink, but stopped abruptly at the trail of smoke that whisped up from the place that the potion met your sink.

"Holy crap," you had said. "This stuff just burned a hole through the metal. What did Namjoon put in this thing?"

In the end, afraid of dissolving your sink or toilet into nothing and scared that the garbage men might be injured if the vial broke, you placed the potion onto the highest shelf you could reach and pushed it all the way to the back.

You warned the animals off of it anyways. There shouldn't be any problems.

After that, knowing that they were set to stay human forevermore, Taehyung and Hoseok had begun begging to help out their ex-owner with the bills. They now had identification papers, and surnames, and no reason not to help Jimin out.

Kim Taehyung.

Jung Hoseok.

Jeon Jungkook.

Reluctantly, Jimin had relented. They start their new job tomorrow.

And now Jungkook wants in.

With a sigh, the man pushes himself up from the bed and paces into the bathroom, leaning against the counter with an arm on either side of you.

"I know it's hard for you to afford me," Jungkook whines. He places tiny pecks on the side of your neck, narrowly dodging a deluge of water as your rinse your face. "Let me get a job. Let me help you."

You pat a towel across your face to dry it, hiding your expression with the motion.

You aren't too sure if it's a good idea to unleash Jungkook on the public yet. He's been kept relatively sheltered here in the bubble of your apartment, and you're not sure how well he'll deal with all of the attention he'll surely gain when he makes his social debut.

Jungkook is by exactly the most comfortable with loads of attention from people he doesn't know, and that's exactly what he'll get if he tries to work at a cafe or handing out fliers. He'll be bombarded with female attention of all ages.