Once in a Lifetime

Tired, achy, and with a hole the size of your textbook fried into your brain, you trudge through the door of your apartment.

Middle school and all its puberty-filled stupidity had nothing to compare to the killer of the day you've been through. The brunt of your homework and projects are weighing down on you, pressing you into a flattened human pancake of stress and ink blots.

On top of that, Jungkook's been working at the coffee shop for a little over a week and a half now. Every minute of your day, your mind scans through all the possibilities of what could go wrong with your precious baby unleashed in the general public.

What if he gets yelled at or sued by an unhappy customer?

What if every single female customer hits on him?

What if he gets kidnapped and taken as a sex slave for some rich older woman?

Okay, so maybe that last one is a bit over the top. But still; if you were a rich older woman who needed a sex slave, Jungkook would be the one you'd kidnap off the streets too.

Either way, you can't do this. The pressure, the nail-biting worry, the sleep-dismissing stress...

You're more than tempted to drop out and work on the streets for the rest of your life.

Groaning at the thought, you push through your apartment door with a shove and stumble inside, going stock still as an abnormal smell wafts into your nose.

It's not a bad smell.

No; in fact, it smell delicious, like garlic and tomatoes and maybe some chicken? It's just extremely out of place in your usual take-out-food or pizza scented apartment. You don't usually have time to cook after class, and Jungkook isn't allowed to after the whole waffle incident, but this...

This scent screams homemade.

Who the heck did Jungkook let in to you apartment?!

Heart pounding, you scurry for the kitchen, aching back and feet forgotten at the thought of an unknown person alone in there with Jungkook.

However, as you skid to a stop in the kitchen doorway, a breath of utter relief forces it's way out of your lungs, like a balloon deflating.

"Then you flip it, like this," says your grandmother as she gently turns over the chicken breast in her pan.

Beside her, wrapped up in your apron (which is much too small on him) Jungkook watches with rapt attention and tries to copy her movement on his own chicken breast.

He edges his spatula under the edge of the chicken and tries to overturn it with a hard push. The strength of the move sends the chicken flipping over, almost making it over the edge of the pan. Gasping in panic, Jungkook barely captures it in time with his spatula.

His dark, thick eyebrows furrow in frustration as he looks helplessly at your chuckling grandmother.

"Be more gentle," the old woman snickers.

At her prompting, the handsome man edges his spatula under the chicken once again, and this time, successfully flips it over. A huge grin of victory spreads over Jungkook's face like butter, sending a sparkle into his ebony eyes that makes your heart go wild pounding in your chest.

How is he so friggin cute?

Your small giggle draws his gaze to you.

"Noona," Jungkook cheers happily at the sight of you. He turns fully, setting down his pan chicken, and then strides across the kitchen to envelope you in his arms.