Falling Apart

Y/N's POV

You pull on some clothes as fast as you can, hanging up on Namjoon and chunking your phone onto the bed.

"Jungkook, I'll be right back!" you scream.

You run out the door, ignoring his protests as he chases after you.

He can't follow you out of the apartment, however, because he's still naked, so he's forced to retreat into the living room as you fly out.

Sprinting steps lead you to Jimin's door, and you pound on the solid obstacle with a desperate fist.

"Jimin," you cry, "Park Jimin, you have to let me in!"

It isn't Jimin that answers the door, but Taehyung.

"Y/N!" he cheers, moving in for a hug, but you dodge his long arms and slip into Jimin's apartment, headed straight for your friend's room.

"Is he here?" you ask as you go, and Taehyung stutters out a yes, obviously perplexed by your brisk attitude.

Slamming open his bedroom door, you find a zoned-out Jimin sitting at the foot of his bed. His gaze is glassy and locked on a vague point somewhere in space, his phone laying neatly on the comforter beside him.

"Jimin," you say.

He snaps out of his daze, switching his point of focus from nothing to you.

"Y/N," he says softly, fingers brushing his cell phone. "I think...I think Namjoon is coming back. Namjoon's coming back."

In his eyes, you can see it. The reflection of his past, and the vision of his future as they collide into one dreary, desolate plane of sight.
The disappearance of Taehyung and Hoseok will turn his life back into that dismal grey world it was before.

You watch as Jimin wilts into the bed, beholding his future.

You know the feeling.

If you think about returning to your daily routine without Jungkook there, you want to cry at the misery of it. He's become so important to you, so vital to your happiness. His presence and love and affection make you into a brighter version of yourself.

You can't lose him when you've only just gained him.

"I know," you tell Jimin. Moving to sit next to him on the bed, you push the cell phone away. "He called me just a minute ago."

Slowly, Jimin shakes his head. He shakes it back and forth as his brain processes the news, then violently increases speed, until his entire body is shaking with the motion. "No, no, no," he chants. "I don't want them to go, but they have to go back. They have to go back."

"Why?" Clutching his shoulders, you try to calm down your hysterical friend as he shudders. There are salty tears burgeoning along the bottom crease of his eyes, threatening to spill over and run down the length of his cheek any moment. "Why can't we just keep them as humans?"

Jimin sniffs. "Y/N, we can't. I can't. They don't have any papers, or identification. They don't even have a last name. I-" He cuts off, gritting his teeth in sorrow, and buries his face in his hands. "I can't even pay the bills this month. Y/N, I can't afford them. I know that seems so shallow, but I'd have to drop out of school to pay for them. I'd never get a degree, or find a job that pays enough to support us all, and they don't know enough about the world to work yet."

His hands are trembling as they cover his face.

You don't know what to do.

You've seen Jimin angry, and you've seen Jimin happy; you've even seen him cry before.

But you've never seen this.

He's fragile and unstable, like a leaf being thrashed helplessly around on the winds of life. He's going to break at the seams any second, dissolving into helpless bits of nothing.

Taehyung and Hoseok, they're holding him together. Losing them could actually tear Jimin apart.

So you say, "Park Jimin. Look at me."

He does, not hiding the tears that now stream like tiny rivers down the apples of his cheeks.

"We're going to keep them human," you say, pushing into your voice all the determination you can muster. "Do you understand? We'll find a way. Even if they have to go work for the pet shop, or if we all have to move into a tiny place together so we can make rent, we will find a way to keep them human."

For the first time since you entered, a tiny spark of hope lights up your orange-haired friends eyes.

"Really?" he whispers. "Do you think there's a way?"

"Of course there is," you reply firmly.

"What about the legal stuff? They don't even technically exist."

"Ah ah ah," you say, shaking a finger at him. "You forget that we have the very rich and powerful Namjoon on our side, as well as the slightly shady Yoongi. I'm sure that, between the two of them, we can get some identification papers and make the boys into real citizens."

Blinking, Jimin nods. "Yeah, I guess..."

"No guessing." You clutch his shoulders agin, making sure that he's facing you. "Taehyung and Hoseok are far too important to you now, and they don't even want to be ferrets anymore, right? And Jungkook is too important to me, and he doesn't want to be a rabbit. We're all on the same side here. We will work this out."

As your words flow into Jimin's ears, you see him blossom back to life. Light fills up his irises and energy fills up his body. He stands from the bed abruptly, fists clutches in determination.

"Yeah," he dates vigorously, nodding. "We can do this. The boys are going to stay human. We can do this."

"Heck yeah we can!" You jump up with a grin and give him a high five, laughing at his sudden confidence.

He laughs with you, then stops for a moment. "Um, Y/N...why does your hair look like there are rodents living in it?"

What?

Blushing a furious red, you pat the ratty tangled of your hair and begin to slowly retreat. "What do you mean? It's just that I-"

"And why did you skip class today?" he continues suspiciously. "Jungkook didn't come over like normal...wait a second." Jimin stops and looks at you with massive eyes. "There's no way that you guys..."

"Ha!" you snort, still edging toward the door. "I don't know what you're implying, Jimin, but I-"

"Holy crap." Jimin grins mischievously. "You had sex with Jungkookie. Didn't you?"

Busted.

"W-what?" you laugh crazily. "When-I mean how would-"

Jimin shrieks with laughter. "You totally did. Well? Was it good? He's big, huh?"

"Jimin!" you yell in mortification. You aren't edging anymore; now you're actively stomping out of the room.

"You used protection, right?" he hollers after you.

"Shut up!" you scream back. "Of course we did, you imbecile." You march through the living room, once again ignoring the still-startled Taehyung as you pass through.

The last thing you hear before you slam the apartment door is Jimin screeching, "YOU ADMITTED TO IT!"

Then his voice is just a muffled noise emitting from the other side of the door, faint and easy to dismiss.

"Did we use protection?" you scoff. "Do I look ready to have kids?"

Then you pace back to your apartment, where you know that your frustrated lover is awaiting you.

[A/N]
Unedited
Wow I don't think I've ever done a triple update before but here you go
Inkitt: @pocketbangtan
Insta: @vl_bow