Chapter 17-"Talks Pt. 2"

Michael's Pov:

What is this stuff? Is it even food? I scraped the mushy substance off the bottom of the table pushing it in the red bucket. "Havin' fun over there?" Bre said as she mopped the floors. "Yea! I mean who doesn't love scraping weird stuff off of tables right?" I said clearly being sarcastic.

"Hey your the one that wanted to go swimming in the lake in the middle of the night." she said giggling and putting the mop to the side. "Yea but you agreed you didn't have to." I said smirking. She squinted her hazel eyes at me. "touché." I chuckled quietly knowing I won that round.

My mind instantly went back to this morning when Bre's face was filled with confusion and hurt. I opened my mouth to say something but quickly shut it when the lady came into the lunchroom to make sure where doing our work. She nodded her head in satisfaction at the progress we made from this place being a pig-stye to a clean lunchroom.

Her heels clicked away as the room filled back up with comfortable silence. "Bre what were you thinking about this morning?" I asked putting my rag down on the table. I saw her eyes go wide but went back to normal as she started to stutter over her words. "I-uh nothing babe." She said chewing on her lip. Liar.

I got off my knees and strolled over towards her. She was looking at the table cleaning it probably for the 10th time. I lifted her chin up with my fingers to make her look at me. "Come on baby girl you can tell me." I said softly. She closed her eyes for a couple of seconds and and sighed.

"Ok but please promise me not to tell anyone about this." her voice whispered. I nodded my head. "I promise." I said kissing her cheek. Her race went a shade if pink then went back to normal. She is too adorable. We both sat down as i was prepared to hear what the huge secret is.

~~~~~~~~

Breanna's Pov

I was thinking about my dad and how when camp is over the beatings will start all over again. Nothing has changed and I don't except it too because it's the same routine, so I got used to it. What about Michael will our relationship just end and he goes back to his regular life and I go back to mine?

I pray in my mind that it won't happen because I've only felt this type of love for one other person and that was my mom. She was the light of my life and I was devastated when she died.

I didn't know my mouth was moving until I saw Michael's eyes widen and anger flash into the dark brown orbs. Tears were streaming down my face as I told him the whole story about the beatings and rape. Pretty much the whole 9 yards.

My face was soaked by the end of it. Michael pulled me in his arms and rocked me back and forth singing a song.

Smile, though your heart is aching

Smile, even though it's breaking

When there are clouds in the sky

You'll get by...

If you smile

With your fear and sorrow

Smile and maybe tomorrow

You'll find that life is still worthwhile

If you just...

Light up your face with gladness

Hide every trace of sadness

Although a tear may be ever so near

That's the time you must keep on

trying

Smile, what's the use of crying

You'll find that life is still worthwhile

If you just...

Smile, though your heart is aching

Smile, even though it's breaking

When there are clouds in the sky

You'll get by...

If you smile

Through your fear and sorrow

Smile and maybe tomorrow

You'll find that life is still worthwhile

If you just smile...

Michael's Pov:

Her brown eyes shut tight and her breathes got slower until they turned into soft snores. I sighed and kissed her cheek. Wow. I didn't know her life was that hard.

I want to fucking kill the prick that did that to Bre. Maybe Bre could move in with me. We could get an apartment and just live there together. Nah she would Probably say no but why not try.

I wrapped my arms tighter around her as I studied all of her beautiful feautures. Her full pink lips were in a tiny pout as the parted and small snores went through.

I moved a strand of hair out of her face behind her ear. This girl is Mine and I'm never letting her go. I rested my head on her's and closed my eyes still leaving the lunch room a little messy.

OHHHHHH!!! I GOT 1.1k Readers!!! DANCE PARTY!! LOL Thank you so much guys for reading I finally updates and on a Friday too! I'm going to update more later but I love you guys so much and keep reading voting and commenting I love to hear what you guys think💖