6. Betrayal

Chapter 6.

Betrayal

I wake up to the window blinds opening.

I opened my eyes and saw a woman, she was about 40 some years old.

I look at the clock besides Adam's bed and it reads 7:50 am.

I sit up at the sight of the woman sitting in the bed staring at me.

"Hello, I'm Debra, Adam's mother" she said.

She suddenly got up and walked towards the closet.

"I'm-"

"Oh honey, I know who you are," she said, interrupting me. "Oh! You are gonna look lovely with this on!".

"For what?" I ask gently.

"Pack breakfast. They really want to meet you" she says, clapping excitedly.

I look at her in sorrow, I don't wanna ruin her illusions for she is so excited for this.

I suddenly clear my throat and say in a low voice, "I don't feel like going, I wanna go home".

She looks at me with confusion, as if she didn't know I was kept here without my consent.

I saw the pride in her eyes that were looking at me.

I couldn't ruin the image of her son, I didn't have the heart to crush her image of her son.

"W-why?" She asks sadly.

"I don't feel well" I simply say.

"Oh honey what's wrong?" She asks while taking a seat next to me.

"Headache" I simply say.

"Can you still go?" She asks in the hope I would say yes.

I look at her sweet eyes and I can't help but smile.

"Yes, I'll still go" I said finally giving in.

"Yay! Come on wear this" she said excitedly.

_____________

We arrived at a big reception, which looked like a ballroom.

I start looking around and see that it is filled with beautiful crystal chandeliers, the ceiling was decorated with tons of angels and the pastel colors really mixed with the others.

I look around at the people and see Harry and Jackson walking towards me.

"Hey, hey! Finally out of the cage?" I hear Harry joke.

"Ya' know it. Finally out" I said.

"Come, sit here" I walk behind Jackson.

They tell me to sit in a chair that is next to an empty one, this chair was bigger than the rest, the Alpha chair.

I look to my left and see Harry, the future beta since he is still 17, and to my right an empty Alpha chair.

I suddenly see everyone standing up and I follow, I take a look at the door and see Adam.

I stared at him in awe, his black hair was cleaned nicely, his broad shoulders were covered by a velvety suit.

'Mate'

'Mate'

'Mate' my wolf chanted.

I stop looking at him when I see everyone staring at me, at first I didn't comprehend as to why I was the center of attention when my mate was walking towards us.

And then I realize why, I suddenly see Esme by his side.

I look at them with my mouth slightly open and with teary eyes.

I look to my left and see Harry looking concerned.

I stare at him with pleading eyes and then see Adam walk up to the chair.

I then realized I didn't belong here, I never did.

I started running towards the door and heard footsteps follow me.

"Adam!" I hear his mother yell.

"Honey wait" she said, I turned around and saw her walking towards me. As soon as I reached the outside I collapsed.

I felt strong arms pick me up and give me the biggest hug I can support. I start crying and look up at Jackson.

"I need to go home," I say.

"You can't!"I suddenly hear a growl from behind me.

"Adam" I whisper.

"Why do you want to leave?" He asked/demanded.

"You still ask?! You hate me! You betrayed me! You love Esme! I'm nothing to you!" I scream and start fast walking away.

I feel steps behind me, I turn around and see Jackson and Harry by my side.

I look back at Adam and he is frozen at the spot I left him.

I kept walking and finally arrived at Adam's house and realized I arrived alone.

I went up stairs and went through all the cabinets and boxes I saw in search of a phone.

I suddenly go into the closet and see a coat, I go into its pockets and find my phone.

Bingo.

I suddenly dial the first name I saw.

"Omg Astrid!" I hear him pick up.

"Jeremy! Help me! I'm in Adam's territory" I say crying.

"We are on our way, we will arrive there tomorrow night" he said and hung up.

I immediately put the phone back in the coat pocket and went to bed still in my dress.

_____________

I wake up to the sound of someone entering the room. I close my eyes and hear someone sigh.

"You awake?" I hear Adam whisper.

He sighs again and sits down next to me.

"I know you're awake," he said.

I open my eyes and sit up.

"I'm sorry," he said.

I look up at him with sorrowful eyes. I sigh and start playing with the velvet bed covers.

"I don't like her" He suddenly said, it took me by surprise so much that I was choking on my own saliva.

"Hey, hey be careful" he said.

"You don't like her?" I asked.

"Hell no, I was just with her because she lost her mother recently. She needed the help, I don't know what I would do without my mother" He explained.

I look at him in awe, "Why didn't you just tell me?"

"Because of the way you acted when she was using the piano" he said.

At the sound of those words my blood began to boil.

"I didn't do it because if that, I did it cause she was threatening me, she was trying to take you away from me!" I scream.

"She was?" He said, doubting me.

"She was, I saw everything. You know I wouldn't lie to you" I hear Jackson say. I looked at the door and he was there.

"What are you doing here?" I hear Adam say.

"I called him," I say.

"You saw?" Adam asked him.

"I did," Jackson answered manly. Which is a new look for him.

"I believe you," He said. He suddenly stood up and started walking at the door.

"I'll be back," He said.

"I need to talk to Esme and her dad".