30. The sorrowful sorry

Chapter 30
The sorrowful sorry

"I'm so happy to see you!" I scream and launch myself at Adam.

"I'm fine buttercup" he said laughing a bit.

"Are you high?" I immediately ask, due to the fact that he has never called me buttercup.

"N-Ye-Probably. I am very heavily medicated" he says dozing off.

"Go to sleep, sleepy head" I say quietly.

"I-I don't wanna sleep" he studded quietly.

In less than 5 minutes he was knocked out. I look down at my wound and all the memories from last night rushed in like a tide in a full moon.

I killed Jeremy. My Jeremy.

•_•_•_•_•_•_•_•_•_•_•_•_•_•_•

"Stop!!!" I scream myself awake, I jolt up from the sofa and see Jackson and Adam staring at me, worried as hell.

"You okay?" I hear Jackson ask.

"I-I'm fine" I lie.

Not only was I jolted up awake but I had a terrible reality at the time. I had killed my childhood friend, and he almost killed my mate. I have killed people before but I couldn't bare the pain of this one. Jeremy was dead and everything was too fast to even say sorry or goodbye, I really hope that where he is right now he has forgiven me.

Those late night calls or all those memories remembered, the memories of us. A smile spread across his face every time he woke up to the smell of my pancakes, or when he would catch me dancing on the table. He loved me and I had a deep regards for him as well, he was an important person in my life and I killed him.

I remember talking to him about death one day, he said that he dreamed of dying one day. Me being optimistic and naive said that we were going to grow old together and be happy; but as usual, I was wrong. He told me that he strongly believed that he was going to die in a car accident, in reality I was that car. I was that car that took his life, not only did I take it away but I lived it with him as well. I was his rock and he was mine, I was his salvation and he was mine, for a while.

Death was a reoccurring subject in our conversations but I never imagined me killing him. We have always wondered what being dead felt like; maybe deep sleep or maybe you can stay on earth and watch the people you love live their life. Watching people live life when you can't sounds cruel, deep sleep sounds better.

I always thought that I was going to die first and he was going to have his children. Live a happy and prosperous life; I am always wrong.

"I need to leave" I said getting up and putting a jacket on.

"Where are you going?" I hear Adam ask.

"I need to see Alpha Sam" I said and jolted out the door.

I ran and ran for hours until I got to Alpha Sam's pack was at. Once I arrive at the door of his house I collapsed on the floor. I couldn't bare the pain I had caused, not only on myself but on them. I took their Alpha away and I couldn't handle that.

"Astrid?" I hear someone speak to me.

"Oh my Astrid!" I hear a woman's voice now and I feel someone straddle me.

"We miss him too" she said, Jeremy's mom.

"I-It was my fault" I finally let out.

Alpha Sam picked me up and set me on the couch. I sit their hopeless and lost.