24. Unconscious Barbie

Chapter 24
Unconscious Barbie

"Get ready we're going out" I hear Adam tell me sweetly.

I am currently laid in our silky smooth bed, still in my pink pajamas. Eating popcorn, junk food and drinking a milkshake while watching twilight is my favorite pass time.

"Were are we going?" I ask with curiosity filling my brain.

"It's a surprise" He says enthusiastically.

•_•_•_•_•_•_•_•_•_•_•_•_•_•_•_

As I stand before my vivid image, I notice my petite and fragile figure. I was wearing a flowery dress with a flow in the seams.

"Beautiful" I hear someone say behind me.

I look at the mirror and see Adam's reflection behind mine hugging me from behind. I flinch a bit due to the fact that my wound in my stomach was still kind of fresh.

"Thank you" I smile widely.

"Come on" he says.

We get in his car and all I could think of was him.

Curiosity filled my insides. Not only on where we were going but also why are we barely doing this now? Why was he being so determined on making me feel special?

I take a glance at him and see him smiling while staring at the road. That dark beautiful forest, filled with animals and trees. That forest, the sound of nature and wind filled my ears with amusement and awe, as I opened the car window. A smile creeped on my face as I felt the cold wind hit my face like water during rain. I was happy and deep inside I knew he was too. Joy filled the space in this car, the goodness of our lives was evident. The long empty road was like a flowing river, long and never ending but I liked that. A sense of peace and happiness filled us inside. Faith and hope filled our lives, I was finally complete.

People believe that you need to find your happy place to be in complete peace, but I think they're wrong. You can find peace anywhere, maybe it's a place, a thing or even a person. We all have a different definition of happiness, and mine is him. This man sitting next to me, the man that's next to me smiling at the road. He was so concentrated on driving that you can see a little crease forming in his forehead, his big eyes looking at the road are absolutely mesmerizing. That little smirk he wears with pride, makes me genuinely happy.

"We're here" he said.

I stare outside and see a small empty pizzeria.

We walk inside and it's empty.

"I reserved it for us" he mentions and we sit.

We order our meal and as soon as the food arrived, we literally digged in.

"I don't know much about you" He blurts out.

"I love food, as you've noticed. Books, my weakness, uhh I'm 17, and I'm random. That sums me up" I say with a mouth full of food.

"Classy" he says laughing.

"Says the one who eats pineapple on pizza" I say mockingly.

"Touché" he says while taking a bite of his Hawaiian pizza.

I cringe slightly at the sight of him biting the greasy pizza with sweet pineapple toppings.

"Pineapples don't go on pizza" I mutter.

"I tend to disagree" he argues jokingly.

"Pineapples. Don't. Go. On. Pizza" I fight.

"Yummm Pineapples and greasy pizza, delicious!" He mocks.

I laugh while doing a cringe face.

"Triple meat pizza is amazing! The greasy yet tasteful pizza filled with ham, pepperoni and beef has a mesmerizingly blissful taste" I moan with a watery mouth.

"I can't disagree with that" he adds.

I laugh.

"If you would talk about me like that, well damn what a turn on" he laughs and I laugh to, not because of the joke, even though it was funny, but because if only he knew what was going through my mind every time I see him standing there. Oh wait he can.

'Honestly I do talk about you like that' I mind link him.

He smiles and says "I love you".

I smile the biggest smile I have ever had plastered on my dorky face. He loves me and that meant the world to me.

His smile was soon gone, I couldn't comprehend as to why it had gone away until he spoke up.

"D-Do you not love me?" He asks.

I took to long to answer, as if hesitating and that broke his heart.

"Oh Adam I do love you" I say convincingly.

"Why did you hesitate" he said it more of a command than an actual question.

"I was thinking" I say a little scared.

"About what, If you loved me or not?" He said loudly.

I flinch at the sound of his voice and water filled my eyes. He had just screamed at me and he was doubting my answer. I get up from the table and start walking outside, feeling him get less tense realizing what he had just said and done.

I get into his car and wait until he gets in too. My stare was focused on the outdoors to avoid eye contact with him.

We drove through the darkness and I realized I was wrong. The forest is a pesky place. I tried opening the window to see if indeed I would love the sound of the forest and wind, I was once again proven wrong. The sounds of the forest animals were horrible and annoying, I could hear the deers munching, the frogs croaking, and the jumping of the forest rabbits and I got annoyed real quick. I ignored the sounds and tried to concentrate on the wind hitting my face, surprisingly to know it sucks too. The wind hitting my face like a slap to my face. The forest seems less dark when I'm happy.

We arrive and I quickly get out of the car. I walk upstairs and throw myself in the bed like an unconscious barbie. I don't even bother to change clothes or take off my makeup.

"I'm sorry" I hear Adam say.

"Get out" I growl slowly and he was put of the room.

Earlier this night I never thought that our happiness would go away as fast as the food was. From happy to angry this night went.