27. The warning

Chapter 27
The warning

After the warning that was given to us by Athena, I mean the moon goddess. It was known to the pack that we were under attack but a new pack,a pack the same size as ours, which include, my pack because apparently Jeremy gave up his pack because I had left him. I don't believe that to be true, he wouldn't. Would he?

"Adam are we going to fight?" I asked.

"If we have to then yes" he said with seriousness filling up his whole face.

The stressed he had spread to the whole pack, including me. I had to do something about this, for the first time in forever Adam, the most powerful alpha in the world was scared.

I walk him to our room and lay him down after his cold shower. I lay next to him and cling to his chest, I felt his arms wrap around my body. His finger tips across my skin sent shivers down my spine and at that moment I knew what he needed, me.

I quickly put my lips into his bare chest and start trailing kisses from his chest to his mouth. He kissed me back, as soon as I was going to get on top of him he stopped our passionate kiss.

"Not today Astrid" he said angrily in his Alpha voice. I flinch back at the loudness of his voice, I quickly get off and walk slowly out of the door turning back and seeing him screaming at the pillow.

At the sound of those words I felt a stab in my chest, the pain radiated all over my body. It wasn't heartache it was a burning sensation, it wasn't heat it can't be I have mated already and it's not even a full moon. I walked downstairs slowly, barely being able to move and I see Jackson at the kitchen as always.

The pain got sharper and it traveled from my chest to the pit of my stomach. I collapsed to the floor in pain and let out a cry.

"Shit!" I curse at the pain.

I see Jackson run up to me and grabs my hand, I wait for the pain to lower it's power but it's not working.

He starts to panic and squeezes my hand more, I flinch in pain and slap his arm to signal him to stop.

"It's not working!" He panics.

I let out another scream and the pain radiated from my stomach to my head, I grab him head with both of my hands and squeeze it lightly to see if the pain would go away; it didn't.

"Adam!" I hear Jackson scream. Adam runs down the stairs almost falling because of how fast he was running. He kneels in front of me and looks at my eyes with confusion.

"It's not working" Jackson told Adam.

"Black magic" was all that Adam said.

"W-What?" I ask, then let out a painful scream.

I felt a sharp pain in my stomach and as soon as I looked down I was bleeding. My legs were full of blood and I knew where the blood was coming from. I look up at Adam and as soon as he saw the blood he grabbed me bridal style and ran to the pack hospital without hesitation. I look down to in between my legs and the blood continued, I felt a sudden rush of dizziness and everything went black.

•_•_•_•_•_•_•_•_•_•_•_•_•_•_•_•

"What do you mean? We didn't know!" I heard Adam scream at someone.

I sit up slowly and I see Jackson with his head in his hands. And I see Adam with his eyes red in sadness.

"W-What's wrong?" I ask.

"We need to talk" Adam said and the doctor and Jackson immediately left.

"Black magic was used on you" he said.

I have heard of black magic before but I actually never believed it. It's stupid I know, yes werewolfs and no black magic? Well that was my thinking. So according to legend that in any pack there is this wise old lady or man that has a secret gift. They can curse, bless and destroy another wolf with magic, but it comes with a catch. The person requesting the elder to do black magic gives the elder something powerful in return.

"Is that why I was in pain?" I ask.

"Yes" was all he said.

"What about the blood?" I ask.

"Well, Astrid, you were pregnant and nobody knew. The black magic not only affected you but also the baby and well you lost it" he said letting out a cry.

I stare at him in sadness, my baby.

The smile soon faded from the apple of my eye. The shadow in life had soon overcome us all, we had lost faith and hope. Everyone in the pack knew by now what had happened, black magic was our warning.

We were in a moment of weakness and they knew it. We were fragile at this moment and they sense it. Did they kill my baby on purpose, was that their goal?

"I'm gonna kill them" I hear Adam grit through his teeth. He grabs the chair next to him and throws it against the wall in rage. I was mad, i was angered.

"They are dead!" He screamed and threw several more things.

The rage traveled across my body, I felt my face heat up in anger. They killed my baby and we are getting them back.