Chapter 4: Etiquette

Today, I received word from Emma that my father had prepared my tutors. As expected of the King. He works fast.

To prepare for the upcoming lesson, the maids surrounded me as they did my hair and readied my dress. While they do that, I stare at the familiar reflection before me. Long, wavy and soft pink hair, accompanied with round and gentle chocolate brown eyes. Although Liliane's character design is a very adorable one, it was overshadowed with her horrible personality.

At the moment, one of the maid button up my dress. With my hair braided into two buns on the top of my head, I look presentable to my tutors.

Emma then guides me to a small room of the second floor of the palace, where a guard stood tall at the door.

As we enter, the guard gives a quick salute and reports, "The etiquette tutor, Lady Catherine from the Earl house Dender awaits inside."

"Thank you mister." I nod in his direction, which earns me a small smile from the soldier.

As I entered the room, I was greeted by a strict looking lady with a tight blonde bun adorned on the top of her head. Adjusting her spectacles, she spoke with an accent very similar to the British one.

"Greetings, Princess Liliane, it's nice to meet you. My name is Catherine Dender. I will be your etiquette teacher."
She bows.

"Likewise, Lady Catherine. I will be in your care."

"Well then. I suppose we should get into the lesson right away. It is most important as a princess and a queen to be always graceful and dignified at all times. You must never show any weakness. But fear not, from walking to greeting royalty, I will teach you everything you need to know by your coronation."

"Alright. What are we learning first?" I ask, sitting at the prepared table.

"I believe we should start on our posture first, shouldn't we? Without good posture, everything you do will lack grace and elegance," she walks to my side, slimming her eyes as she examines my posture. "I suppose you're not that bad, for a child." She indicates me to stand, making her bark grey eyes slim even more. "Your shoulders need to come back more...Stretch from your spine. And the nose high up in the air...no, not that high. Lower. No, no, no, lower your chin and keep your nose high."

She gives a correction almost every second, sighing from time to time at my incompetence. My whole body is stiff and aching by the time she finds a satisfactory posture from me.

"Good, good. Keep that up for the rest of the day. That'll be your homework for tomorrow. The rest of your life, to be more precise."

Thanking her, I do a small curtsy as I try to leave the room. 

"Princess Liliane! I see we'll have to start with how to do a proper curtsy next, don't we?" as she said that, I saw a dangerous glint in her eyes accompanied with a small smile.

A shiver runs through my spine as sweat runs down my back. Nervously thanking her again, I cautiously back away to Emma, seeking refuge from the strict teacher.

_________________________

Rose_Valentine15

❤︎

Hope you guys enjoyed the chapter!

(๑>◡<๑)