Chapter 5: Music

As I waited for the next teacher, I thought back to Lady Catherine's class, getting scolded many times trying to get a simple good posture out of me. Making sure my back was straight, I run through the schedule Emma gave me earlier this morning. 

From now on, my schedule consisted of eight classes. I was to wake up at 7, get ready for class and start from 8 in the morning until 5 in the afternoon; 1 hour before dinner with father and mother. The first two hours were on etiquette, then followed music, dancing, singing, languages, history, literature, and then geography, one hour each. After dinner, I was allowed to do whatever I would like, until my bedtime, which was 9 o'clock.

I was about to daze off when there was a sharp knock on the door.

"Excuse me Your Highness, Sir Christopher from the house Velchord has come to greet you."

Ah, that must be the music teacher.

"Let him in." the door was opened, revealing an young scholarly man, with a gentle smile on his face. His blond locks reached just above his eyes, slightly covering his grey eyes. 

"Hello Your Highness, I am Christopher Velchord, here to teach you on music. I will be teaching you on how to play classical instruments; the piano, the violin and the flute. You should be able to recognize classical and chamber pieces, also learning other pieces of music from other cultures, as well as their traditional instrument."

"Thank you, I will be in your care."
I said, giving a slight nod. From the short lesson from Lady Catherine, I learned the common courtesy and etiquette I needed for the different ranks of nobility in our society.  

For the first half of the lesson, I was learning the major artists in the classical world, such as Chopin, Beethoven and Mozart. Surprisingly, the music aspect in this world was the exact same as the one in my previous world. This finding was very helpful, as I studied piano for a while as Kaede. As our lesson continued, I learned a few new things, and reviewed many. Sir Christopher was smiling the whole time, as if noticing that I understood more than I let on.

At the last 15 minutes of class, he led me to the piano in the corner of the room, asking me to play the piece in front of me. It was 'Frederic Chopin: Waltz Op. 64 No. 1 – "The Minute Waltz"'. Sir Christoopher must have noticed that I could play somehow. I thought that there was no harm in him knowing that I could play, as this would save me a lot of time in my studies.

I sat down, and softly placed my fingers on the keys. It was a very familiar feeling. I felt at peace, and it calmed my mind, as it gave me something that was similar to my old world. I played the song as best as I could, and my fingers went through the song without me looking at the sheet of paper. I closed my eyes as I listed to the familiar tune.

As my fingers were still of a child's, I could not play as smoothly as I wanted to, but it turned out pretty good for a 5 year old. I slowly opened my eyes as I rung the last note.

I could not see my teacher's reaction, since he stood behind me for the whole time. So I turned around, looking at my teachers face. It was not a gentle smile I saw, but one with shock and excitement.

I smiled a bit, as that face reminded me of my sister's face when I first played for her.

It was a little sad that I couldn't be with her anymore, but I resolved myself that I would live this life to the fullest in respect of my first family in Japan.

_________________________

Rose_Valentine15

❤︎

Hope you guys enjoyed the chapter!

(๑>◡<๑)