Chapter 26: Preparation

My eyes flutter open from a fragrant smell of roses beside me. I look over and find Emma putting a bouquet of pink roses in a vase on my bedside table.

"Good morning, Princess."

"Good morning Emma. Where did those flowers come from?"

"It seems like they are from your His Highness Ren, Princess."

The pleasant surprise of the bouquet of flowers plasters a smile on my face. A small note was hanging from the stem of a rose; I picked it out and opened the small letter.

Congratulations on being accepted to the academy, Lili.

I'll see you soon,

Ren

I smile at the short but sweet note on the paper and put it away in my desk drawer. I glance towards my changing screen and see my school uniform on a hanger. I ring the bell and Admaris and Earlene came through the doors, bowing and proceeds to help me get ready.

After I got out of the bath, they start changing me into the uniform. A white collared shirt, a plaid blue long skirt and a red ribbon at the collar. The school emblem was pinned right above my heart. I put on the white socks and the brown heels the Academy provided. The black belt was put on as well, where there were three golden chains that would magically attach the magical gems onto them. I stuck my gems on while Lene braided my hair into a fishtail braid. I put on the black cape that came with the uniform and went downstairs to have breakfast with mother and father.

"Good morning, mother, father."

""Good morning, Liliane.""

Both my parents replied at the same time. Emma pulled my chair out for me I sat down. As I started to eat, I asked mother about a topic I was wondering about for a while.

"Mother, I wanted to discuss something with you before I leave for the Academy."

"Yes dear, what is it?"

"It's about the cosmetics that we use in this country. Does it perhaps use any lead?"

"? I believe so. Is there a problem?"

"Yes, I believe that the lead used in the white powder and lipstick, as well as many other cosmetics may result in lead poisoning."

"Lead poisoning?!"

Mother stopped eating and stared at me with a surprised face.

"Yes."

"How do you know?"

"It's just that I read up in the library that the lead is harmful to the body if consumed in large quantities. This is a hypothesis and I'm not an expert in that area, so I was wondering if mother could look into it."

"Of course! I'd be happy to!"

"Thank you mother, you're the best."

Mother smiled proudly and shot a gloat full look to father and then he suddenly spoke up.

"Liliane, you can ask me anything as well. I can do anything!"

He gestured himself and exaggeratedly exclaimed. This father of mine is really something.

"Then, if I can trouble father, -"

"Yes?"

"- I was wondering if I could study under you during the break."

"...Of course! I-is that all?"

"Yes?"

"Oh."