Chapter 10: Litterature

After my semi-traumatizing experience with Ms. Eira, literature class is about to start. My teacher is Lady Anne from the Earl House DeVries. Adorned with tropical flowers in her short, wavy brown hair, she wears a bohemian-inspired dress.

As soon as the lesson begins, I can tell that there is nothing new. The classic poets and writers remain the same as earth, and Shakespeare is a still a staple. This class is pretty boring. It seems that the designers of this world didn't want to think of a whole new literacy, so they just made it the one I had on earth, mostly arranged around the 18th century. I mean, it's understandable. Who would actually want to design and come up for something like that, that probably won't come up in the setting of the game at all?

"Princess Liliane? Are you paying attention?"

"Hm? Yes, yes, of course."

Ms. DeVries catches me off guard as she interrupts my wandering thoughts. She raises her hand to the blackboard and asks,

"Can you finish this quote from one of our great poets of the 16th century? To be, or...?"

"Not to be."

"Bravo, Princess. I'm surprised you knew that! Have you studied Shakespeare before?"

I hesitate a little before I answer. Should I play it cool or feign innocence?

"Um...I've just heard it before somewhere. Maybe a book I've read before?"

"Excellent! I just know you're going to have such a great time with Shakespeare! His language is quite unique, and it is such a dandy time to decipher his beautiful words."

"N-mHhm...of course. I'm sure it'll great."

Ms. DeVries smiles cheerfully and continues to describe William Shakespeare's life very meticulously as I drift off to another thought.

And before I know it, class is over and Ms. DeVries is saying goodbye. 

__________________________

Rose_Valentine15

❤︎

Hope you guys enjoyed the chapter!
(๑>◡<๑)