Chapter 16: The Garden Pt. 1

When I raised my head, I realized that I had completely forgot about my fiancé.

Our eyes met, and I panicked a little. Regaining my composure, I asked him,

"What would you like to do, Prince Ren?"

"I'd like to walk around a bit, if it's not a bother."
He said, giving a slight stretch. I thought for a moment wondering what would be a good place to walk around.

"Oh, how about my garden, Prince Ren? I made it myself."
As Kaede, I liked to garden a lot. Roses, carnations, any flower, really. As the authority as a princess, I abused my power a little by getting myself a small property of land to use as my garden. It's themed around pink and yellow roses, and it gave a sweet aroma to calm ones mind.

" Okay. That seems interesting. Let's go."
He said indifferently. We walked towards my garden, and when we got there, Prince Ren stopped.

"..."

"What's wrong?"

"It's nothing."

"...I see."

As we walked around the garden, I clipped a few flowers making a flower crown. I slipped it on, and turned around.

"How does it look, Prince Ren?"

He blushed a little, avoiding my gaze, and muttered,

"You look very pretty."

It was just four simple words, but my heart shook violently. I was afraid that he would hear my heart beating like crazy.

Shaking off our embarrassment, we continued walking. I noticed that he was looking a little down, so I asked him if there was something that was troubling him.

"No, it just, reminds me a little about mother."

"..."

"It's very calming."

...

I couldn't think of anything to say to him. So, I took his hand in mine. I don't know why I did it, but it felt really natural.

We walked around the rose garden for a while, breathing in the calming sweet aroma.

Prince Ren was the first to break the silence. He talked about his mother. It was about her background and how the king and her met; his life so far and his and his short time with his her.

...

I stopped walking, slipped my hand away from his, wondering why my cheeks are wet.

_________________________
A/N: Sorry it's a short chapter! I have a bunch of homework but I had an idea for this so I wanted to write it up as soon as possible...It might have a bit of cringe in it so...sorry. This will probably be posted with part two. Now getting back to homework...ugh.

Hope you guys enjoyed the chapter!
(๑>◡<๑)