Chapter 23: Coronation

When I wake up, a stern and emotionless face immediately greets me. It's Emma's.

"Good morning Princess Liliane."

"...Good morning, Emma."

She gives me a nod and wordlessly, drags me out of bed, undresses me and dumps me into the bath. I really do wonder sometimes where she gets all that power.

As two maids scrub my body clean, Emma leaves to receive the ceremonial dress for my coronation. Grandmother wore the same one during her coronation as crown princess. Since mother was the one who married into the royal family, she only had her coronation as queen.

Once I step out of the bath, the maids wipe me dry as Emma returns swiftly with the dress. I am quickly fit into it, and the maids go back to work on my hair. The dress is absolutely beautiful. It is a pure white, simple dress with no ornaments. The dress has long sleeves and it flares out at my waist. It has intricate gold embroidery of the royal flag down my torso. My hair is let down, slightly curled at the ends. Once they finish, they proceed with my face, adding some rouge and white powder.

It seemed that there was is no foundation or mascara in this age yet, the only 'makeup' available being rouge and white powder. Now that I've seen it, I'm pretty sure that it's the same as the makeup that was used in the 1800s from my previous world. If used too much, it can lead up to lead poisoning. Even though I haven't had to use that much makeup thanks to my naturally pale skin, this could lead to a problem in the future. Or a very successful business in the cosmetics industry for me, like those reincarnation stories...

Well, no use of brooding over that, since I have no idea how to produce cosmetics anyways! But I should consider putting a ban over those after my coronation.

"-cess? Princess Liliane?"

A maid looks worriedly at me, while calling out my name. Whoops; I guess I zoned out there for a bit.

"I'm fine, thank you."

The maid politely bows, and leaves the room. All the other maids leave as well, leaving me with Emma. I check the time, and see that it is almost time for the coronation to start.

"Emma, let's go."

"Yes Princess Liliane."

Emma opens the door for me and follows behind me towards the throne room. When we arrive, the guards bow slightly and wait for father's signal to open the doors. While I wait for the the doors to open, I run what I was to say through my head so I would't stutter my words when I accept my title.

The doors open and I see my parents smiling at me from across the room. I also see Ren standing in the small crowd of high nobles and I feel a bit more calm.

I slowly walk towards my parents and with each step, I feel so many eyes, judging my every move. When I reach the steps to the thrones, I kneel with my hands in front of my chest. I feel my hands shake slightly from my nerves. The ring on my left hand emits a cool pressure which help them steady.

Father slowly rises from his chair, holding his royal sceptre in his right hand. Once he does, everyone in the room kneels down, holding their right hand over their hearts and softening their breaths. When he reaches my position, he lowers is sceptre to both my shoulders and declares clearly,

"I hereby title Princess Liliane Mary Acton as Crown Princess of Floria. She is lead this country with grace and kindness, following the steps of her predecessors."

"Thank you, His Royal Highness the King. I gratefully accept."

He nods with a proud smile and turns towards the crowd.

"You may rise."

I and the rest of the figures in the room rise from our positions and bow to father. I curtsy and father gives me a nod. I swiftly turn around, and leave the throne room.

Once I exit the throne room, I find Emma waiting for me right in front of the door. She gives me one of her rare smiles.

"Congratulations Her Royal Highness, Crown Princess Liliane of Floria."

"Stop it, Emma. You can call me like you always you do. Though, thank you."

I smile back and walk towards my room with the older girl by my side.

_________________________
A/N: Here you go guys! I keep on breaking my promises!!! Ughhh. As my apology and late Christmas present to you, I shall give you 2-3 long chapters in the next week.

Hope you enjoyed the chapter!
(๑>◡<๑)