Chapter 21: Debutante Ball

The debutant ball is almost starting, and my maids are almost finished getting me ready. I was wearing a cream coloured off shoulder dress. It had a layer of chiffon with decorated flowers and butterflies. My hair was down and no makeup. I must say, I do look very pre-*ahem* The maids did a very good job.

I stepped out my room and walked down the hall, stopping in front of the doors to the ballroom. The knights guarding the door opened them, and I saw a beautifully decorated ball full of people. I lifted the sides of my dress slightly and walked down the steps. Everyone's eyes turned to look at me, and I spotted mother and father with Ren. I also saw, the heroine.

Curly brown hair with a round face. She wore a beautiful lilac dress decorated with roses. She looked exactly like the game.

Actually, this ball is the first event in the game. The player, or heroine, will meet two capture targets; prince Ren, and Lucas.

Honestly, I'm a bit nervous about meeting her, but she's designed as a charming and clumsy type character, so I'm sure it's ok. In the game, Liliane is introduced as the villainess when the heroine trips and knocks over a server with a tray of drink onto her dress. Liliane throws a fit and blah blah blah. Well, I plan to simply catch them if that ever happens; Ms. Foxard trained me enough to fight off assassins, so I'm pretty sure I can catch a few drinks.

While I was thinking so, I was at the bottom of the stairs. I walked up to my parents and Ren, as everyone split up to make a path. I greeted them, and once we talked for a bit, we were interrupted by a few archduchesses congratulating my birthday.

As I said hello and thank you, the heroine came up to me and actually tripped...just like the game. It seemed a bit on purpose, but I'm sure it's my imagination.

"Ahh!"
The heroine let out a cute squeak and bumped into the server. The tray tipped towards me and the drinks started to leave their glass.

I quickly reacted. I grabbed the tray first, caught the drinks and balanced them. Of course, still maintaining my grace.

"?"
The heroine looked shocked but it quickly faded right away. I'm either starting to become paranoid, or...no. It's probably my imagination.

"I'm so sorry! I can't believe that I just did something like that! Please forgive me!"

"Oh, no worries. Everyone trips; are you okay?"

She looked shocked again.

"Oh, y-yes. Thank you."

"I believe I haven't caught your name yet. May I ask for it?"

"Yes! My name is Clara Viermera. I am the daughter an Earl. I give you my congratulations for your birthday, Liliane."

...

"You're the daughter of Earl Viermera? I've heard a lot of you from your father. He says you're a very cheerful girl. Also very clumsy. I see where he comes from."

"Oh, I'm embarrassed. I can't believe father said that to you, Liliane."

Before I could correct her, waltz music began to play.

"Re-"

"Princess Liliane, could you do me the honour of dancing the first waltz with me?"
I heard the heroi- Clara about to say something, but she was cut off.