Chapter 29: First Classes

I hear a faint knocking on the door while I dry my hair. I just got out of the bath and changed into the skirt and camisole of my school uniform.

"Coming."

I checked through the peephole and saw Ren waiting at the door, fully dressed in his uniform. I slowly opened the door.

"Why are you here so early? School doesn't start until 8am. It's still 7:15."

When I questioned him, he was looking the other way, blushing furiously.

"What's wrong?"

"L-Lily, your clothes."

Oh right. I forgot I was wearing only a camisole as a top right now. I slowly cover myself with the towel I was drying my hair with.

"Sorry, I forgot. I'll go change. Why don't you come in?"

"Wait! Bu-"

"This is school grounds. Classmates going to each other's rooms aren't that rare, you know. Or what? Do you think I'm going to do something else to you?"

I grin devilishly while I wiggle my fingers. 

"Wha-?"

I try to stop my giggling at Ren while he turned completely red. Why is this always so amusing?

"Anyways, let yourself in. Otherwise, I'm going to leave the curtains wide open as I change."

Ren glared at me and reluctantly entered my room. He properly locked the door too. I go into the bathroom and change into my uniform and fix my hair into a fishtail braid, the same as yesterday.

When I opened the bathroom door, I found Ren awkwardly standing at the entrance of the room, glancing around.

I couldn't help but laugh at the sight.

"Lili! Stop laughing!"

Ren blushed slightly, which made me start giggling again.

"What's so funny?!"

"I don't know...maybe it's your face?"

I stop giggling for a moment and respond to Ren, but I start giggling soon after again.

"A-Anyway, I was just here to pick you up...we have the same classes in the morning."

"Oh. Thank you. I'll grab my things."

I forcefully calmed down my laughter and cleared my throat.

I grabbed the brown bag that held my books for the morning classes. Today, I will have 'Laws of Magic', 'Basics of Combat', 'Business Essentials' and the 'Agriculture', 'Fundamentals of Architecture', 'Introduction to Medicine' classes tomorrow. The classes would happen every other day. Since I would take magic studies with my Masters, I would have a free hour in between of the academic classes and other classes on those days.

The morning classes are simply literature, history, geography, and basic math. I noticed while I was studying with the tutors, but this world had still not gotten a deep understanding of science or mathematics. It was probably due to the element of magic that existed, so a logical explanation to everything wasn't needed. So, I'm pretty confident that I'll be able to pass mathematics with ease.

While Ren and I walk to our classes, we find that a few people are already there. Lucas, Alexander and Clara. The members have all gathered in the same classroom.

"Hello, Miss Liliane, Sir Ren."

"Greetings."

Lucas greeted both of us and Alexander gave us a short acknowledgement.