Alpha Dale

My lungs suddenly tightened as I felt the Alpha of the Myriad Pack make his way through the damp trees, quickly approaching us. I could feel a burning shiver crawl up my spine, making me sweat with nervousness and fright. It now made sense to me why this crude man was harming me for what seemed to be his own personal enjoyment.

Even with my back turned to him, I could still feel the powerful demeanor that his presence had emitted off around me. The way his footsteps sounded through the brush and the way he carried himself made me tremble. I could see a flashlight's gleam edge closer to me from behind, but knowing that the Alpha couldn't see my face- that had slightly soothed the fear that was running through my body.

Tears rushed past my cheeks and I winced at the pain running through my left leg and right arm once again, clutching the areas that hurt the most.

"Don't worry Alpha Dale, I'll just get rid of her and you can go back to bed. No worries okay?" Bruce whispered in a somewhat shaky voice.

But Alpha Dale's silence symbolized that he was either angry, or wanted to finish the job himself, he ignored Bruce, it seemed as though he had pushed him aside and approached me instead. I felt his eyes fixated on my back, as I lay face down on the ground shaking with fear for my life at this point.

"Turn around." I heard his voice order.

I didn't dare move.

"Turn, around..." He said again, more sternly this time.

Afraid of the consequences if I hadn't, I used my good arm to topple over onto my back, and when I did, I looked up to see what kind of Alpha the voice had belonged too.

Our eyes locked, and I gasped.

I stared into his hypnotizing beautiful creamed colored eyes that glistened in the moonlight. He had messy, scruffy, brown hair that went in all directions, a defined jaw line that made my mouth water, and the fittest body I had ever seen.

He was shirtless and still in his night wear, he had a strongly built chest, a dark vibrant tint of tan and the bulkiest arms I had ever laid eyes on.

He was-- perfection.

I snapped out of my thoughts and quickly remembered how evil and fearful he was, I turned away in disgust at my thoughts and especially at him.

"Wait... Turn back." he asked softly.

I turned back without even realizing it, it was as if I was hypnotized by his deep, bold voice.

Our eyes met once again, leaving me breathless and stunned by his perfection.

"Can you walk?" He asked.

"I don't think so," I managed to mutter.

"Even better," he chuckled, and proceeded to scoop me up into his muscular arms, holding me tight- "now follow me," he demanded while looking me straight in the eyes with a mischievous smirk.

"W-what? It doesn't even look like I have a choice anyway, do I?" I managed to stutter out.

"Nope," he laughed, "because you're my mate."