The Alpha Blocker

I sunk down to my knees. My eyes widened as I watched my beautiful golden wolf slowly drifted out of the gash that my father had created.

It's body heaved down into my father's sliced wrist and his eyes gleamed a burning golden shade.

"So this is what it feels like to be legendary?" my father said as he took a few steps- "it feels... amazing." he said with a chuckle.

My vision began to blur and my body weakened, but with the strength I had left I managed to utter out, "now tell me, what did you do to Dale?"

"Well, to begin with-" he paused with a slight menacing grin, "I used a simple alpha blocker on your dear mate."

"A w-what?" I asked in confusion, feeling my mind close to shutting down with the absence of my wolf.

"An alpha blocker is a anti-arrhythmic drug that slows the heart rate by reducing the number of impulses that can pass through the atrioventricular system in only an Alpha's body." he stated loud and clear.

"So, he-he's not dead? Wait but, why, why would you do that?" I slurred, struggling to say.

"It's simple. I knew you would come back to me to ask me what I had done to Dale and since you're smart, you knew he wasn't dead. But since you're dumb, you'd leave your wounded pack alone... with an unconscious Alpha-" he chuckled again, "then when you arrived, I made sure to tell my guards to let you know everyone was asleep, when in reality, my entire pack was lurking back towards yours and they've probably killed your precious pack by now."

His words hit me like a storm, a bloody, hell of a storm.

"Oh, and by the way Claire? This whole 'you giving me your wolf and powers thing' wasn't in the plan... It was kind of a plus." I felt him snarling in pleasure at me and he laughed a vicious laugh.

"How could you... dad?" I coldly asked.

He turned around towards me, "how could I what? You did this to yourself sweetie. Now if you'll excuse me, I'll be joining my pack," and he walked out of the temple.

I was left alone inside my circle, holding my wound and shedding tears that wouldn't stop coming. I needed to think of something, I needed to get out of here.

What would Cameron do if he were here..? I wondered, well that was simple, he would tell mom and she would fix things like she always did.

Wait a second... mom! My mind praised itself and I rushed to my feet.

My mind pushed away the weakness that set in due to my sudden rush of excitement to get to my mom.

During the war, my father had told me that my mother was extremely sick so she had to be here still.

I raced to my parent's room, remembering every turn and hallway to enter.

When I had finally reached my parent's room, I dashed in through the door hoping to find my mother inside.

To my fine surprise, she was.

"Mom!" I cried.

She slowly turned towards me, "Claire...? Claire, what are you doing here?" she asked me, with a relaxed expression on her face.

I ran into her bed and cuddled my face into her chest- "oh mom, it's bad. Dad declared war against my pack, h-he drugged my mate, chained me in silver! He even killed some people and took my wolf and he lied to me and he's going to kill Dale, mom!"

"Claire... You've gotta slow down. I don't understand a single word you're saying, dear," my moms soothing voice helped me calm myself.

I took a deep breath and slowly explained the events to my mother.

"I'm so sorry Claire, this is all my fault. I should've never asked for him to bring you back to me... but the least I can do is help you sweetie. Now you listen to me okay? You do as I say- take the fastest horse from our barn, ride it to your pack and kill your father..." she said, in the calmest voice ever.

"What? Mom are you crazy?! I can't do that? Why.. Why would I even have to?" I stammered in shock at my mothers words.

"I'm not done. When you kill him, he won't die, but his wolf will and yours will return to you. When you get your wolf back, defend your pack, save Dale. You hear me?" she said in a serious tone.

"Mom, I don't get it. It doesn't make any sense." I struggled to process her words.

"It doesn't have too, just trust me. Just do it. You don't have much time." she rushed me.

"Okay... Okay, I trust you. I'll do it." I said while backing up out of her bed, "I'll do it."