Friendship

My friendship with Luke had grown stronger and better. I found myself growing strangely attracted to him, even though sometimes my mate pull had disagreed, I fought it.

Snow had began pouring harder now, blizzards awakened and the cold flowed subtly.

It had been three nights since Luke had told me about Dale's parents. My mate pull and I had felt grief and sorrow for him.

"Hey Goldie." I heard Luke say to me.

I looked up from my plate, "hey... Icy."

He laughed, "icy? Haha. My mom used to call me that."

I laughed with him.

"So uh, did you wanna go watch a movie or something?" he had asked me.

I sipped the rest of my orange juice, "sure." I said.

We walked through the crowds of the pack that sat in the dining hall and living room, trying to make our way to the movie space.

When we had finally reached it, Luke locked the door behind him, making me feel uneasy.

I had sat on the couch and he strayed away, picking out a movie, "so what do you wanna watch?" he asked.

"Horror." I replied, my brother and I used to always watch horror movies together.

He pulled out "White Noise" and turned it on, then sat down next to me on the couch.

After about 15 minutes into the movie, I heard Luke yawn loudly, then slip his hand over my shoulder and then run it down to my waist.

"You know, if you wanted to put your arm around my waist, you could've just asked." I grinned.

He looked away embarrassed, then suddenly turned back, "well then in that case, can I ask to kiss you?"

The question had shocked me, but also gave me a rush of excitement, I had always wondered what it would be like to kiss his plush pink icy lips.

"Yes." I giggled.

He suddenly pushed his lips into mine.

They were warm, but cold at the same time, giving me mixed feelings and strange rushes that I couldn't comprehend, I actually think I had liked it.

When suddenly, I heard a loud knock at the door, Luke and I both scrambled to our feet and I watched as he ran over to unlock it.

"Alpha Dale." Luke bowed his head.

"Move." Dale spoke.

Luke stepped aside.

"I smell his freaking scent on you." Dale glared at me- "what don't you get, about being MINE."

Before I could answer, Dale grabbed my waist and flung me over his shoulder, carrying me out of the movie room.

He took me all the way up to his room, locked the door and violently threw me onto his bed.

"Take off your clothes." He demanded.

"Wait, what?" I asked in sudden dis-belief.

"Take it off!" he yelled.

I did as he said and he threw his shirt at me. I put it on, frightened by how warm it was.

"Agh, finally, now I don't have to smell him on you anymore, oh- wait a sec," and he leaned into my face, "I smell him on your lips!" he shouted at me.

His face was inches away from mine and I could feel the burning heat that vented off of it, I could see his dark burning red eyes and I could feel his muscles bulging.

"I'm you're mate. You're lucky I wasn't like some other mates who reject theirs, I actually wanted you, from the moment I saw you, I wanted you. When I saw you hurt and weakened, my heart sank. I wanted to heal you, to protect you, to give you everything and from day one, you've been treating me like trash, calling me a perv, hitting me and now, kissing other guys!? Are you kidding me Claire?! You're a terrible mate!" his voice rang throughout my ears.

I didn't know how to respond, I felt guilty and my mate pull felt even guiltier.

"I, I'm so sorry Dale." was all I could say, I was truly sorry and I couldn't find any other way to say it, I couldn't deny him either, he was right... I was a terrible mate.

I saw Dale lower his head and then lean away from me, a tear escaping his eyes.

My heart broke. I had made... the Alpha Dale cry.

My heart was pounding insanely, I felt like such a horrible person, I couldn't even explain or show how sorry I was at this point...

Then without thinking, I suddenly lunged at Dale. I pushed him down with force and threw my body into him, then I reached up and kissed his face.

The sparks instantly shot up, spreading from first, my lips, down my throat and then through my entire core, weakening the force I had applied on him.

He pushed me off of him.

I sat back on the bed, embarrassed that I had done that and even more embarrassed that he didn't like it, when suddenly, he came towering over me, kissing me back and shoving me down against the bed, harder than I had done to him.

"It's okay." he mumbled between a kiss.