Cameron

I still didn't like the idea of being the Alpha's mate, my brother taught me to never interfere or cross paths with this pack, and yet, here I was. I still felt completely foolish that I hadn't been more careful, not only that- but who would ever have private property that extended out all the way to the edge of a cliff? I wouldn't be surprised if they had owned the body of water under the cliff too.

But despite of what Dale does happen to own, I wasn't willing to be one of them. I was taught to despise of this pack and to fear the leader, because it was years ago when it had happened...

I remember wrestling with my brother Cameron in the forest when I was about 13, he was only 15 then.

Snow was lightly falling in the forest around us, our cheeks were bright red and our noses stung from the cold air, we had been laughing together and having the best time of our lives that day. I loved my older brother and I never wanted to be without him. He was like my best-friend, except with the pros of always forgiving me "no matter what" even if things had ever taken a wrong turn.

But as we were being loud and unaware of our surroundings, a werewolf from The Myriad Pack had appeared, it was early winter and their pack must've went out searching for food to store for the cold harshness that was yet to come that year, since we also had a food shortage at that time. I was able to tell it was from the Myriad Pack because of the huskiness and overly large way that they had been built. Their fur was thicker, their legs were longer and their bodies, stronger.

My brother immediately thrusted me behind him and took out his dagger, beckoning me to stay back.

I stared into the eyes of the Myriad werewolf and saw as snowflakes caught onto his deep unforgettable auburn shaded fur, a flaming hunger pinged within his eyes.

Neither my brother or myself had began our transformations yet because we were much to young, so we had been two helpless children standing face to face with a vicious werewolf from the most fearful pack.

Cameron whispered to me and told me to run and to never look back. At first, I was hesitant on doing so because I didn't want to leave him alone, but I had also been filled with so much dismay that my legs began to take off with angst evading my little body. I regretted leaving him that day...

The sharp bleakness of the air cut across my face, the tears that streamed down them seemed to have froze right on the spot as I cut through the thick trees that grew on the path before me.

When I had finally reached home, I was to mortified to tell anyone about Cameron and my encounter. I was afraid my father would forbid us from going to play together, or that he'd punish me for being afraid and running away. A couple of hours later, when nightfall came and the snow stopped pouring, I wandered out alone, struggling to trace my light footsteps that had been mostly covered by the snow fall back to where Cameron and I had been.

When I had finally approached our spot, I whimpered at what I had seen, Cameron's body was twisted and chewed up everywhere, his mouth was wide open and his eyes were out of their sockets.

The sight horrified me, to see my own brother that way, I realized that I couldn't bear to be without him, and from that day on I let hatred wield into my heart and cultivate.

I fell to my knees and cried, I hugged myself tightly and pledged to never forgive The Myriad Pack, there was no way I would accept that I was Alpha Dale's destined mate. Dale was the one who trained his pack, taught his pack the rules and led them to be vicious.

My thoughts of my brother had been interrupted as Dale tapped my head, sending shocks and sparks through me, "you alive?" he questioned playfully.

I brushed his hand away "please don't touch me." I commanded, still sickened by the thoughts of my brother's death.

Dale tapped on my head again.

"You're so annoying." I retorted, swatting at his hand once more.

He smirked as if pleased to have been annoying me and looked away.

I need to get out of here, I thought to myself. I wanted to be anyplace else but here, where my hatred roamed thoroughly and freely in every hall of this house.

I got up, but quickly found myself scrambling on the ground, confused, I looked down at the wound on my leg, remembering that I was still recovering.

I winced in pain and quickly, Dale rushed to my side, sweeping up my body into his large broad chest.

Tingles ran through every place that we made contact with. I trembled in weakness and rested my entire body on him.

"Whoa there, you've gotta rest. You're hurt." I heard Dale saying to me in concern.

"I'm fine, I just- I'd just like to leave, I need to get out of here, just let go of me." I rudely splurged out.

Dale's creamy eyes locked onto mine.

"You're not going anywhere. You're my mate and that means that you're mine."