The Golden Wolf

A month had passed by since the night of my humiliation.

I hadn't dared stepped out of Dale's bedroom, in fear that I'd get laughed at again. It wasn't a nice feeling and I wasn't feeling confident since my wolf hadn't come out yet.

On the bright side, my wounds had all completely healed in the time period.

My eyes darted over toward Dale as he entered the room.

"Look- why are you still so upset with me?" he questioned unknowingly, "I mean, it's been a whole month and you still won't say a word to your own mate!"

I turned my head away and looked at my hands, they were shaking. I began to feel odd, my chest tightened and I felt a sharp pain in my gut.

Dale moved closer.

"Get back!" I warned.

Sweat droplets formed all around my head, my eyes began to become blurry and a blood cringing pain began to spread throughout my entire body, from flesh to bone.

I exclaimed out in short breaths, howling, crying and screaming at the intense pain I was receiving at the moment.

Dale rushed to my side, his eyes wide and his face struck with worry.

I felt my body twist around into awkward positions and my heart suddenly pounded heavily.

I thought I was going to die. I became shocked with confusion and began to hyperventilate.

"Claire, you-you're shifting!" I heard Dale's voice mutter in shock, he then rested a hand on one of my already formed paws, comforting me and trying his best to care for me.

The feel of his touch sent shocks through my paw, counter-reacting the pain I was feeling in that area, it made me wish Dale would touch me everywhere.

After what seemed like a million minutes, I was done shifting into a wolf, although my transformation wasn't completely finished, my head still pounded from the massive pain.

I opened my eyes.

I was shocked! My eyes in my wolf form were extremely clear! I could see every single swirly detail engraved into the wood from a dresser nearly 20 feet away from me.

I stood up, and surprised myself again. My legs felt so powerful as they were lifting my weight up. It felt as though I were a feather. It seemed like I'd never be able to get tired in this form.

I looked down towards Dale, his mouth was wide open and his were eyes fixated on me, staring towards me as though he'd just seen a wander-less ghost.

He grabbed his face and rubbed his eyes, slowly blinking and squinting at me, as if trying to make sure I was real.

Finally, he walked towards me, he stood at 6'2" and I was now looming over him, large and powerful.

I felt his hand touch me, running his fingers through my silky fur, I wondered what color I was.

I had hoped to be a dark black color exactly like my hair. My head turned down towards my belly as I sneaked a look at my shade.

I yelped! I-I was golden!