Beautiful

News about there being a Legendary Golden Wolf had quickly spread throughout the forest.

Multiple packs and their Alphas had desperately wanted to meet this mysterious "golden wolf" and capture him/her to put into their own packs.

Of course, no one knew if it was a boy or a girl, young or old, strong or not. They just knew that one existed and they wanted it.

To my relief, no other pack knew that I had belonged to The Myriad Pack or that I was the golden one.

Dale hadn't spoken a word to me since the "I could never like someone like you" statement.

I went into his office and sat down in the chair in front of his desk.

"Dale..?" I softly asked.

He grunted without looking at me.

"You know... I'm so sorry, I, I don't know- it's just, well when I was little, well never mind about that, I didn't mean to say all of those things to you that one day. I feel like I was under a lot of stress after shifting and I wasn't in my right mind. I'm-" my words were stopped shortly.

Dale had leaned over the desk and kissed me, cutting off my words.

We lingered into each other's presence for a moment and he cupped his large hands around my tiny face, kissing me deeper and longer.

Then he pulled back suddenly, "I'm sorry, the sparks were just way too intense, I couldn't handle them."

I giggled, "I know. I felt them too."

"You have lovely kisses." he said, leaving me stunned.

I giggled once more and he burst out laughing hysterically.

It caught me by surprise to see such a feared, buff man laugh.

"What? What is it?" I asked, suddenly feeling insecure.

He then poked my cheeks, "oh nothing.. It's just that, when you giggle like that, I see these dimples that appear on your gorgeous face." he said with another roar of laughter.

I swatted at his hands, "why are you laughing at them then?"

"Because they're beautiful."

I giggled again.

"So... does this mean that you forgive me?" I asked.

"Claire, of course I do. I realize that you have endured through a lot lately. Coming into my home and being placed into an unfamiliar environment must be difficult for you, so don't worry. I forgive you." He replied with a warm smile.