8. Price (Preis)

This story just hit 1k reads!!! Aahhhh! 😭😭😭. I love y'all...❤❤❤ . In two weeks..

And....

#133 in paranormal yaay!!! Although, earlier this week, it was #126 from #250. I need your votes and comments please... But, hey its all good... ♥❤♥👏.

Theme song: Love in the dark - Adele

................................................

The music stopped just then..

The rain, thunder and lightening all ceased.

The windows closed.

Everything went back to their right places..

The lights came on..

Frieda gasped...

Standing right before her was...

.................................

"Grandma?" she gasped...

Right in front of her was Greta, her maternal grandmother. She looked so pale you could see right through her.

"Frieda..." Greta smiled, but it didn't quite reach her eyes.

"Run.." She tried mouthing at Frieda, but Frieda was too busy trying to connect dots and wondering how and why Greta was in her room.

Greta had always hated her, for reasons unknown to her, but then , she thought, no one really liked her.. Coming back to her, were memories. Memories...

"Finja darling, come here to grandma!"

It was summer, they had gone to visit Greta in her country home in Hamburg.. They were still kids then. Frieda was ten, Finja six.

Finja ran into Greta's hands.. Frieda had followed behind.

Till now she could still feel the shiver she felt as Greta looked down at her with cold eyes and muttered a word she didn't understand then, but which she understood perfectly now , after reading her mothers diary.

"Bastard"

Frieda had frozen just as she was about to jump up into Greta's hands and looked up at her with wide teary eyes and muttered.

"I don't understand"

Well now, she did...

Her parents weren't married when she was conceived, and they never did get married..

That was why Greta hated her. She had almost ruined her daughters life.. Annika's life.

"I'm sorry" Greta muttered.

Frieda looked at her with a confused expression..

Then something tapped her on her shoulder and yelled "boo!"

She jumped so high, she was sure her head hit the ceiling.