16. Free at Last?

Theme Song: Set Fire To The Rain - Adele

          The demon beast stopped its digging and turned its head sharply towards Alejandro, who slowly advanced towards it.

    ' The only weakness of an angel is fear.  The demons can smell fear and will use it to their advantage '

           Alejandro now very close to the beast , his hands began to shake visibly. The demon beast sensing his fear, stood right in front of him , breathing down his face. Just as it raised its claws to strike, Alejandro moved swiftly out of its way.

         Confused, the beast growled , looking around wildly for him. Sensing him behind it, it turned and charged at Alejandro, baring its yellow teeth as it ran. As it was about to strike again, it fell and the demon changed back to Elena. With speed, Alejandro brought out an enchanted mirror from his gear and placed it directly above her.

        The mirror began to glow, until rays of light burst  forth , out of it. On the ground, Elena was writhing in pain. She had begun to change every half second, from human to beast and back again. As the light penetrated her entire body, she began levitating, just like the night she had killed her father. The Exorcist.

            In mid air, she stood and roared once more. The demons in her head awoke , and began screaming for the light to be taken away. Now, half of her was human, the other half was demon beast .

           Suddenly, her demon sided hand , all frail, bony and with needles sticking out of it, jutted out towards Alejandro, with blood dripping from her half open mouth. Backing away, he released the mirror into the air and it began revolving swiftly around Elena.

           Screeching loudly, like the night owl, she held her head in pain as the rays of light from the mirror began piercing every part of her body. Tiny holes started forming on her skin, and the demons began flowing out in form black ink, bubbling as the liquid gathered at a spot, forming a giant steaming black pool.

              As the very last of the demons left her , she fell to the ground unconscious and with a wave of his hand, Alejandro turned the mirror to face the pool of demons and ever so slowly, it began to flow into the ocean and out if sight , as the waves clapped , welcoming it.

           *A\N: This is most definitely not the end, trust me. *